Apple /// images using catweasel

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2014

      FYI - I created a set of  Apple /// SOS and Apple /// Startrek images using the Catweasel card.  These are the files Yahoo just announced that were uploaded to the FILES section of our group.

      I don't see an easy way to use to create disks with these, but maybe someone on this list would be interested to at least see what Catweasel can read from an Apple /// disk.  I am using a 360K 5 1/4" TEAC drive, for more details see vintagecomputer.net.

      As time permits I am going to debug the data, compare with an actual disk, etc.  There is ample info on the older Apple disk format online, Apple /// uses an older DOS format (Apple ][), with the difference being only track 0/1.  WHY???  no idea.  In my opinion the incompatibility between Apple /// and Apple ][ boot disks is silly.   You would think the Apple /// would be able to boot inherently using a ROM into Apple ][ mode without the need of a simple emulator.  I have the emulator, works fine but you have to boot the emulator first, then use your Apple ][ disk.  Graphics do not work without special and very rare Titan add-on cards, etc.