Re: IMSAI haul, continued

  • Mike Ladwig
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006
      AFAIK, iCOM was the first to advertise an S-100 floppy drive (Byte, Aug '76).
      Google reminds me that it was called the "Frugal Floppy". I don't recall any
      details, but I think ICOM, Pertec, and Altair had some very close
      relationship even before Pertec bought them - maybe they shared an assembly
      plant? Altair and ICOM also jointly developed and sold an all-in-one
      computer (Attache).

      mike.

      On Sunday 11 June 2006 15:40, you wrote:
      > Please inform me a bit more about ICOM. A quick Google reminds me that
      > Pertec bought both MITS and ICOM. What did ICOM add to the MITS/S-100
      > world? And of course pass this info on to Cini. Thanks!
      >
      > Herb Johnson
    • Richard A. Cini
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 11, 2006

        Interesting, I didn’t realize that ICOM was swept up into Pertec, although it seems to make the world of sense considering the ICOM system I have used the same FD400 drives that the Altair 88-DCDD setup did.

        Rich

        Rich Cini

        Collector of classic computers

        Lead engineer, Altair32 Emulator