swtpc - success. c128D - bad drive.

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23 4:59 PM
      From the restoration files...

      I had been working on restoring an SWTPc computer (see
      http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/swtpc_6800.htm) since March. It's a
      historically significant machine because it was one of the first
      6800 processor machines that came ready to use, before the Altair
      680 I think. Today I finally got bi-directional I/O from a terminal
      and was able to save and display memory. The last piece of the
      puzzle was to re-configure a Zenith cn-19 terminal to use 300 Baud.
      For whatever reason my laptop XP terminal program AND a Windows 3.1
      terminal do not work with the SWTPc computer. This caused many
      hours of wasted diagnostic time, but hey..

      On the downside I gave up on my Commodore 128D. This is the
      computer I brought to the TCF for display, but ended up switching
      with a regular C128. The 128D itself works fine, but the internal
      drive does not. I even tried another drive but no dice. I am pretty
      sure the problem is with the drives and not the drive controller. I
      can use an external drive with no problem. I don't suppose anyone
      has a working internal floppy for a C128D?

      Anyone else involved in a restoration project?