Great VCF East!

  • John Heritage
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2014
      Hi All!  My first post to the MARCH list -- I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for putting together such a great event that was the VCF East 9.1!  -- I was able to attend (with Jen) Friday and Saturday, and really appreciated everyone pouring out the advice at VCFU :)   I really wanted to hear more about the Amiga from Haynie and others on Sunday but timing didn't allow..

      I think the most hilarious moment goes to..   the ad hoc no coffee no donuts Friday morning walk-on talk about cleaning floppy drives :) - Very seriously though that was great info (Thanks Ian and all!) and I also appreciated Malcolm's session on disk imaging!   It was also very cool to see people like Bil Herd and others who still contribute to and engage the community!   Jason Scott was a hoot!. yet somehow I missed the Antic Atari podcast guy(s) there...

      Thanks all - You are really a good group of people, I know you put a ton of work into this, and hopefully I can help contribute to next year's event and here as part of MARCH :)

      Take care all!
      John
    • Randall Kindig
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13, 2014
        Hi, John,

        I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend the show.  It sounds like it was a great event.

        Concerning Antic, we only had one representative there, Brad Arnold, and he would have been at the AHCS (Atlanta Historical Computing Society) booth.  Sorry you missed him.

        Randy Kindig
        host Floppy Days
        Co-host Antic

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2014
          > Hi All! My first post to the MARCH list -- I just wanted to say thank
          > you to everyone for putting together such a great event that was the VCF
          > East 9.1! -- I was able to attend (with Jen) Friday and Saturday, and
          > really appreciated everyone pouring out the advice at VCFU :)

          Hi John. Welcome to the group.

          How'd you hear about us? Where do you live?
        • John Heritage
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 14, 2014
            Hi Evan!  Thank you - I heard about VCF East through some comment posts on Hackaday..  and of course heard about MARCH through VCF -- Ian and others took the time to talk about the group :)

            I live out in Valley Forge/King of Prussia PA  ..  I'm guessing there are quite a few here in the philly area.

            On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

            > Hi All! My first post to the MARCH list -- I just wanted to say thank
            > you to everyone for putting together such a great event that was the VCF
            > East 9.1! -- I was able to attend (with Jen) Friday and Saturday, and
            > really appreciated everyone pouring out the advice at VCFU :)

            Hi John. Welcome to the group.

            How'd you hear about us? Where do you live?

          • Sellam ibn Abraham
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 15, 2014
              In case anyone missed it:

              http://www.cultofmac.com/274296/vintage-computer-festivals-rock-vcf-east-larger-ever/

              --

              Sellam ibn Abraham VintageTech
              International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintagetech.com

              Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. The truth is always simple.

              * * * NOTICE * * *

              Due to the insecure nature of the medium over which this message has
              been transmitted, no statement made in this writing may be considered
              reliable for any purpose either express or implied. The contents of
              this message are appropriate for entertainment and/or informational
              purposes only. The right of the people to be secure in their papers
              against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated.
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 15, 2014
                >> In case anyone missed it:

                >> http://www.cultofmac.com/274296/vintage-computer-festivals-rock-vcf-east-larger-ever/

                Yup, we saw that.  :)

                I sent the author a correction or two. For example, our Apple 1 isn't real...