Teletype nameplate

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2005
      At TCF somebody said that they might have a spare teletype nameplate
      that covers the screws across the front which is missing from mine. I forgot
      who that was. If you are around and have a spare email me.

      Thanks,
      David Gesswein
      http://www.pdp8.net/ -- Run an old computer with blinkenlights
      Have any PDP-8 stuff you're willing to part with?
    • BOYD BORRILL
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 24, 2005
        hI dAVE;
             jUST A SUGGESTION:  i USED TO RUN A COMPUTER MAINTENANCE FACILITY AND WE HAD DOZENS OF TTY PRINTERS TO KEEP RUNNING 24/7.  WE ORDERED PARTSS DIRECTLY FROM TELETYPE CORP. IN SKOKIE, IL (iI THINK). tHEY WERE EASY TO TALK TO, PRICES WERE VERY GOOD (FOR EXAMPLE, A COMPLETE ASSEMBLED KEYBOARD FOR A MODEL 33 ASR WAS $35.OO NEW) AND DELIVERY WAS LESS THAN A WEEK.
            tHAT NAME PLATE MAY BE VERY HARD TO FIND ELSEWHERE.
        RAY BORRILL

        David Gesswein <djg@...> wrote:
           At TCF somebody said that they might have a spare teletype nameplate
        that covers the screws across the front which is missing from mine.  I forgot
        who that was.  If you are around and have a spare email me.

        Thanks,
        David Gesswein
        http://www.pdp8.net/  -- Run an old computer with blinkenlights
                                 Have any PDP-8 stuff you're willing to part with?

        Pioneer Purveyor of Personal Processing Power