Re: [midatlanticretro] Sad news -- Alan Kotok

  • Sellam Ismail
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
      On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, John Allain wrote:

      > A not-so-subtle reminder to keep my weight down.
      > If you can find a better copy of the picture on this page,
      > http://www-db.stanford.edu/pub/voy/museum/pictures/display/3-3.htm
      > (it's in 'Digital at Work') Alan is the chubbiest guy on the team of 14.
      >
      > see also here for Alan
      > http://research.microsoft.com/~gbell/Digital/timeline/1965-3.htm

      I was fortunate to get this photo with Kotok (center, Steve Russell is on
      the right) at the CHM's PDP-1 restoration jubilee a couple weeks ago:

      http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Sellam%20with%20Alan%20Kotok%20and%20Steve%20Russell%202.JPG

      Check out the other photos in the same directory :)

      --

      Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2006
        Sellam Ismail wrote:
        > I was fortunate to get this photo with Kotok (center, Steve Russell is on
        > the right) at the CHM's PDP-1 restoration jubilee a couple weeks ago:
        >
        > http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Sellam%20with%20Alan%20Kotok%20and%20Steve%20Russell%202.JPG
        >
        > Check out the other photos in the same directory :)

        In this one:
        http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Peter%20Samson%20and%20Sellam.JPG , is this
        The Warehouse? I see a PET in the background... :)

        Cheers,

        Bryan
      • Sellam Ismail
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 7, 2006
          On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Bryan Pope wrote:

          > In this one:
          > http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Peter%20Samson%20and%20Sellam.JPG , is this
          > The Warehouse? I see a PET in the background... :)

          That's the CHM's Visible Storage exhibit (right after the PDP-1 talk).

          --

          Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 2, 2006
            On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Bryan Pope wrote:

            > In this one:
            > http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Peter%20Samson%20and%20Sellam.JPG <http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Peter%20Samson%20and%20Sellam.JPG> , is this
            > The Warehouse? I see a PET in the background... :)

            That's the CHM's Visible Storage exhibit (right after the PDP-1 talk).

            --

            Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival
            International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintage.org <http://www.vintage.org>

            [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at http://marketplace.vintage.org <http://marketplace.vintage.org> ]