Re: [midatlanticretro] Sad news -- Alan Kotok

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 5 7:37 AM
      A not-so-subtle reminder to keep my weight down.
      If you can find a better copy of the picture on this page,
      http://www-db.stanford.edu/pub/voy/museum/pictures/display/3-3.htm
      (it's in 'Digital at Work') Alan is the chubbiest guy on the team of 14.

      see also here for Alan
      http://research.microsoft.com/~gbell/Digital/timeline/1965-3.htm

      John A.

      FYI where on the Stanford page it says:
      "Does someone recognize the others?"
      They are (seated)
      Lydia McKalip, Bill Coburn, Ken Senior, Ken Fitzgerald,
      Norman Hurst, Harris Hyman
      (standing)
      Peter Samson, Leo Gossell, Gordon Bell, Alan Kotok,
      Russ Doane, Bill Kellicker, Bob Reed, George Vogelsang.
    • Sellam Ismail
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5 9:15 AM
        On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, John Allain wrote:

        > A not-so-subtle reminder to keep my weight down.
        > If you can find a better copy of the picture on this page,
        > http://www-db.stanford.edu/pub/voy/museum/pictures/display/3-3.htm
        > (it's in 'Digital at Work') Alan is the chubbiest guy on the team of 14.
        >
        > see also here for Alan
        > http://research.microsoft.com/~gbell/Digital/timeline/1965-3.htm

        I was fortunate to get this photo with Kotok (center, Steve Russell is on
        the right) at the CHM's PDP-1 restoration jubilee a couple weeks ago:

        http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Sellam%20with%20Alan%20Kotok%20and%20Steve%20Russell%202.JPG

        Check out the other photos in the same directory :)

        --

        Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5 9:38 AM
          Sellam Ismail wrote:
          > I was fortunate to get this photo with Kotok (center, Steve Russell is on
          > the right) at the CHM's PDP-1 restoration jubilee a couple weeks ago:
          >
          > http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Sellam%20with%20Alan%20Kotok%20and%20Steve%20Russell%202.JPG
          >
          > Check out the other photos in the same directory :)

          In this one:
          http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Peter%20Samson%20and%20Sellam.JPG , is this
          The Warehouse? I see a PET in the background... :)

          Cheers,

          Bryan
        • Sellam Ismail
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 7 7:46 PM
            On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Bryan Pope wrote:

            > In this one:
            > http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Peter%20Samson%20and%20Sellam.JPG , is this
            > The Warehouse? I see a PET in the background... :)

            That's the CHM's Visible Storage exhibit (right after the PDP-1 talk).

            --

            Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival

          • Kelly Leavitt
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 2, 2006
              On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Bryan Pope wrote:

              > In this one:
              > http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Peter%20Samson%20and%20Sellam.JPG <http://www.siconic.com/nerd/Peter%20Samson%20and%20Sellam.JPG> , is this
              > The Warehouse? I see a PET in the background... :)

              That's the CHM's Visible Storage exhibit (right after the PDP-1 talk).

              --

              Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival
              International Man of Intrigue and Danger http://www.vintage.org <http://www.vintage.org>

              [ and academia at www.VintageTech.com || at http://marketplace.vintage.org <http://marketplace.vintage.org> ]