Sat 4/12 workshop - Disk Imaging

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014
      I am going to ask Malcolm (you reading posts Malcolm?) to help me image the hard to find OS disks that I have.  If anyone wants to come to my house bring your rare disks to image please bring them.  I plan then to turn over the images to Dunfield's site so everyone will have copies.  When Malcolm was last at my house (Thurs before VCF) we set up a sweet system with 8", 5 1/4" and 3.5 drives that could handle everything from Alto to Zorba that are soft sectored.  Our testing revealed that we could do single density and mixed density, and single and double sided.

      I don't expect many people though...the weekend after VCF is pretty hard-core.

      Contact me privately for directions to my house in Landenberg, PA on the MD/PA/DE border.

      Bill

    • malmacleod
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014

        On 2014-04-09 23:42, billdeg@... wrote:

        I am going to ask Malcolm (you reading posts Malcolm?) to help me image the hard to find OS disks that I have.

        Sounds like a good plan.  I'm reading all posts (when I have Wifi access during my travels) and will see you on Sat.  I'm looking forward to attempting to fix the 11/20 power supply also.

        Malcolm.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2014

          On 2014-04-09 23:42, billdeg@... wrote:

          I am going to ask Malcolm (you reading posts Malcolm?) to help me image the hard to find OS disks that I have.

          > Sounds like a good plan.  I'm reading all posts (when I have Wifi access during my travels) and will see you on Sat.  I'm looking forward to attempting to fix the 11/20 power supply also.

          > Malcolm.

           11/40, but yes that too.  We can have two imaging computers running if need be, I will try to gather all of the target disks and IMGs to build in advance.