Pictures of Justin's Booth

  • Burning Image
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014
      I have a couple of good pictures of Justin's exhibit.  I'm happy to share.  Just let me know where they should go.

      TNX,
      Cory Sickles - WA3UVV

      PS - I had an enjoyable time too.  Nice to be able to connect more faces with names!

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014
        Anyone with pics can send us the URL of where they exist online

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014

          even better post to the yahoo group photos or files section.

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014
            > even better post to the yahoo group photos or files section.

            In case anyone was in the dark about it, today is a *really* bad day to sign into anything Yahoo-related:

            http://www.heartbleed.com

            Thanks,
            Jonathan
          • dougmemphis
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014
              What's this really mean to us now?  Why is today worse than any other prior day? Sounds like the bugs been in the wild for a while and no one knows if its been exploited.
              And what do we do until all the systems are updated with new SSL libraries... that could take a long time?
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014
                On 04/08/2014 03:30 PM, touchetek@... wrote:
                > What's this really mean to us now? Why is today worse than any other
                > prior day? Sounds like the bugs been in the wild for a while and no one
                > knows if its been exploited.

                Because everyone knows about it now. Script kiddiez are going to be
                hammering on stuff EVERYWHERE for the next few days.

                > And what do we do until all the systems are updated with new SSL
                > libraries... that could take a long time?

                That depends on how competent your sysadmin(s) are. Not an issue if
                you run your own stuff.

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                New Kensington, PA
              • Systems Glitch
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014
                  > Because everyone knows about it now. Script kiddiez are going to be
                  > hammering on stuff EVERYWHERE for the next few days.

                  Indeed, there's a short Python script anyone can run from anywhere and see a chunk of the current requests Yahoo is handling. Done it myself. Stole my own session on an unpatched firewall at work.

                  > That depends on how competent your sysadmin(s) are. Not an issue if
                  > you run your own stuff.

                  Yahoo is one of the last major online services to patch. Google, Twitter, Facebook, et c. were all patched up by the time the PoC was out.

                  Thanks,
                  Jonathan
                • David Riley
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014
                    On Apr 8, 2014, at 3:30 PM, <touchetek@...> <touchetek@...> wrote:

                    > What's this really mean to us now? Why is today worse than any other prior day? Sounds like the bugs been in the wild for a while and no one knows if its been exploited.
                    > And what do we do until all the systems are updated with new SSL libraries... that could take a long time?

                    Well, hopefully a service like Yahoo has it already rolled out. I've updated all of my servers today; most distros already have the updated OpenSSL 1.0.1g available as packages.

                    Still, this is a HELL of an "oopsie". It's hard to imagine a worse bug that's not remote code execution, especially in a piece of software with such sensitive applications as OpenSSL.

                    - Dave
                  • Neil Cherry
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014
                      On 04/08/2014 03:06 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:
                      >> even better post to the yahoo group photos or files section.
                      >
                      > In case anyone was in the dark about it, today is a *really* bad day to sign into anything Yahoo-related:
                      >
                      > http://www.heartbleed.com

                      Jonathan, thanks for the warning. I've updated a number of my boxes but still
                      need to do a few of my embedded systems.

                      http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
                      http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
                    • Dan Roganti
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 8, 2014

                        On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Neil Cherry <ncherry@...> wrote:
                        On 04/08/2014 03:06 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:
                        >> even better post to the yahoo group photos or files section.
                        >
                        > In case anyone was in the dark about it, today is a *really* bad day to sign into anything Yahoo-related:
                        >
                        > http://www.heartbleed.com

                        Jonathan, thanks for the warning. I've updated a number of my boxes but still
                        need to do a few of my embedded systems.

                        maybe I better update my C64 server and the Arduino Server too

                      • Neil Cherry
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 9, 2014
                          On 04/08/2014 08:49 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:

                          > maybe I better update my C64 server and the Arduino Server too

                          If you've got SSL on the Arduino I'd like to see that code. Later this
                          year I'm going to attempt to get my UNO32 (chipKIT boards) working with
                          SSL and see if it can connect to a few cloud services securely.