New Member's Equipment

  • blueringice
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2006
      Hi! My name is Nick Lordi, a retired Rutgers University professor,
      who has just joined MARCH. The recent Vintage Computer Festival
      brought back memories of my experience with vintage computers. I was
      motivated to revive my Altair 8800 which has been stored in my
      garage for 15+ years. It still runs! It is currently populated
      with a PT 16K RAM, a Tanner Computers 32K EpromII (configured with
      RAM's), a VDM-1 board with an attached "Mountain" graphics card,
      the PT GPM board equipped with 4 ALS-8 + Cutter roms, and the PT
      3P+S board. However, while I have not been able to get my keyboard
      working, the serial port does work, allowing me to use my laptop as
      a terminal for communicating with the Altair..

      I have the following additional S-100 boards: PT Cuts, PT 2KRO (no
      power supply), PT 4K Ram, Electronic Control Technology 8K RAM,
      Moutain Hardware Prorom, Digital Research Computers S100 Sound Board,
      extender board, projects board, Cromemco 4FDC and a Jade Double D
      Disk Controller (I have no disk drives). The Jade controller is
      interesting in that it has a Z80 chip with 2K RAM and serial port.

      I also have a Micromint Z8 Forth controller (ca.1982) with serial,
      PROM burner, extension, and digital-out boards. Also a New Micros
      MaxiForth controller board (ca. 1988).

      I have also retained control of the fate of an EAI TR20 Analog
      Computer which I acquired in 1966, with the objective of donating it
      to a computer museum of the type envisioned at InfoAge. I would also
      consider donating my equipment to the museum project.

      The TR20 is of immediate concern. It is located at Rutgers in New
      Brunswick. While it is not a "large" computer, I would need
      assistance in moving it.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2006
        Welcome! The EAI TR20 Analog i saw on
        http://www.csparks.com/gallery/Machines/EAI_TR20_Analog_Computer is very
        interesting. I hope to see it some day.
        Bill D

        At 01:23 AM 5/30/2006 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi! My name is Nick Lordi, a retired Rutgers University professor,
        >who has just joined MARCH. The recent Vintage Computer Festival
        >brought back memories of my experience with vintage computers. I was
        >motivated to revive my Altair 8800 which has been stored in my
        >garage for 15+ years. It still runs! It is currently populated
        >with a PT 16K RAM, a Tanner Computers 32K EpromII (configured with
        >RAM's), a VDM-1 board with an attached "Mountain" graphics card,
        >the PT GPM board equipped with 4 ALS-8 + Cutter roms, and the PT
        >3P+S board. However, while I have not been able to get my keyboard
        >working, the serial port does work, allowing me to use my laptop as
        >a terminal for communicating with the Altair..
        >
        >I have the following additional S-100 boards: PT Cuts, PT 2KRO (no
        >power supply), PT 4K Ram, Electronic Control Technology 8K RAM,
        >Moutain Hardware Prorom, Digital Research Computers S100 Sound Board,
        >extender board, projects board, Cromemco 4FDC and a Jade Double D
        >Disk Controller (I have no disk drives). The Jade controller is
        >interesting in that it has a Z80 chip with 2K RAM and serial port.
        >
        >I also have a Micromint Z8 Forth controller (ca.1982) with serial,
        >PROM burner, extension, and digital-out boards. Also a New Micros
        >MaxiForth controller board (ca. 1988).
        >
        >I have also retained control of the fate of an EAI TR20 Analog
        >Computer which I acquired in 1966, with the objective of donating it
        >to a computer museum of the type envisioned at InfoAge. I would also
        >consider donating my equipment to the museum project.
        >
        > The TR20 is of immediate concern. It is located at Rutgers in New
        >Brunswick. While it is not a "large" computer, I would need
        >assistance in moving it.
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30, 2006
          Nick:
          Welcome!
          Let me know and I'll try to help move it. I would be available weekends or evenings, but would need advanced notice. Which campus? I'd assume Bush. It's been a few years, but I could probably still find my way around down there.

          Any other Rutgers Alums (students or teachers) on the list? I graduated in 1993 (EE).

          Kelly