Re: [midatlanticretro] DEC VT-180, and related DEC items offered.

  • William Pechter
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2006
      Down on the bottom under the DB-37 disk connector and the DB25
      serial ports is a phone jack for the keyboard...

      If anyone takes it I've got the software somewhere in the basement for it.
      The machine can also be used as a  VT100 without any addon software.

      When  the self test finishes there will be a menu and the options are
      something like

      A - Boot from A
      B - Boot from B
      C - Boot from C
      D - Boot from D
      T - Terminal Emulation mode (just does plain old VT100.

      Bill

      Bill Pileggi <wpileggi@...> wrote:
      As a follow up to my earlier posting of DEC equipment found in a dumpster, here are the actual numbers:

      VT-180 monitor. Has (at least) 2 DB-25 connectors and 2 BNC connectors.
      Model RX180AB. Case with two 5.25 inch full-height drives, power supply and 2 DB-25 connectors on rear. (One of the DB-25s was connected to the VT-180 when rescued from dumpster.)
      DEC keyboard with 1/4 inch phone plug. Model 70-14653-001.

      As there doesn't appear to be any place to plug in the keyboard (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible), then something IS missing. I sifted throught the rest of the dumpster (that's dedication to the cause!) and there was nothing else. I did feel there should be more, but this is what I've got. Anybody want it? I can power up, take photos, etc. and even ship...Bill KA3AIS

    • David Comley
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2006
        Bill - where are you located ? I collect DEC but I
        don't have a VT180 in my collection. Has this gone to
        a good home yet ?

        -Dave

        http://mail.yahoo.com