Compaq Portable III

  • keycat02
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26 4:49 PM
      Hello Gang. Maybe this computer isn't retro enough (1987), but I
      guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. Does anyone have the MS-DOS and
      diagnostics disks for a Compaq Portable III? It is a 286-class
      luggable with a neat plasma display. Thanks for any help. John R.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 26 5:55 PM
        Hi John.  I saw that you posted here once before, last month I believe.  Please introduce yourself .... how did you hear about us; where are you from; how'd you get into collecting, etc.

        Thanks.

        - Evan

        PS -- if nobody here has what you need, then also try posting on the cctech list via www.classiccmp.org.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 26 8:23 PM
          Hi Evan. I'd be happy to introduce myself. I heard about MARCH
          while browsing for CP/M software and those pesky boot disks. I have
          a Kaypro 2 that came with all the software and manuals, then
          acquired a Kaypro 1 that came with nothing. Thanks to a MARCH
          member who sent me a boot disk, the Kaypro 1 is running fine. My
          next little project is the Compaq - I guess my theme here is semi-
          portable computers. I also had a Kaypro back in the 80's... By the
          way, how are folks exchanging software and data between different
          machines? I've been using a serial connection and Kermit at both
          ends, but obviously this doesn't help with boot disks. Maybe I need
          a computer with every possible type of floppy disk? Cheers, John
          Reeve

          wrote:

          > Hi John. I saw that you posted here once before, last month I
          believe.
          > Please introduce yourself .... how did you hear about us; where
          are you
          > from; how'd you get into collecting, etc.
          >
          > Thanks.
          >
          > - Evan
          >
          > PS -- if nobody here has what you need, then also try posting on
          the cctech
          > list via www.classiccmp.org.
          >
          > _____

          t=ms&k=Vintage+computer&w1=Vintage+computer&w2

          =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=68&.sig=OQUtxemiGiVYFQi
          jLdDQFQ
          > > computer Computer
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Vintage+computer&w

          2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=68&.sig=b4OBW9ZEKr_RIb
          _W8hBs4
          > w> security Computer
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
          t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Vintage+computer&w

          2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&c=3&s=68&.sig=38rEyxq2hSN3Ur
          XCA3oUi
          > w> training
          >
          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS