Commodore 64 RR net compatbile device needed for VCF East 9.1

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 11, 2014
      To all MARCHins:

      Dan R. and I are exhibiting a project that requires 5 RRnet compatible device such as C64nic+ etc. We have enough devices for our exhibit, but would like to know if we could borrow additional devices, in case those fail. Anyone going to VCF have any that we can borrow?

      Thanks!

      Jeff Brace
    • Jim Brain
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 11, 2014
        On 3/11/2014 11:31 PM, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

        To all MARCHins:

        Dan R. and I are exhibiting a project that requires 5 RRnet compatible device such as C64nic+ etc. We have enough devices for our exhibit, but would like to know if we could borrow additional devices, in case those fail. Anyone going to VCF have any that we can borrow?
        Um..... me?

        Jim

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2014
          >Dan R. and I are exhibiting a project that requires 5 RRnet compatible
          >device such as C64nic+ etc. We have enough devices for our exhibit, but
          >would like to know if we could borrow additional devices, in case those
          >fail. Anyone going to VCF have any that we can borrow?
          >>Um..... me?
          >Jim

          Jim,

          Of course I knew you would be there. But to sell your devices. I wouldn't
          expect you to lend them out to anyone.

          I had just ordered two more of them just to make sure that I had enough for
          our exhibit. They just shipped. So now I have 4 and Dan has 1. Maybe I will
          get more in the future so that we can test our game with 8 players which is
          the current max.

          Thanks!

          Jeff Brace
        • brain@jbrain.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2014

            On March 13, 2014 at 1:25 AM Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

            >Dan R. and I are exhibiting a project that requires 5 RRnet compatible
            >device such as C64nic+ etc. We have enough devices for our exhibit, but
            >would like to know if we could borrow additional devices, in case those
            >fail. Anyone going to VCF have any that we can borrow?
            >>Um..... me?
            >Jim

            Jim,

            Of course I knew you would be there. But to sell your devices. I wouldn't
            expect you to lend them out to anyone.

            Au contraire!   I am more than happy to ensure such things happen.

            I had just ordered two more of them just to make sure that I had enough for
            our exhibit. They just shipped. So now I have 4 and Dan has 1. Maybe I will
            get more in the future so that we can test our game with 8 players which is
            the current max.

            Leave your concerns at home.  I will have plenty of NICs and would be happy to make sure you are well stocked for the show.  As well, though I do always appreciate a sale, if you don't need those 2 additional NICs for anything other than the show, feel free to return them after the show.

            Jim

            Thanks!

            Jeff Brace

          • David Hoelzer
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13, 2014
              You sell some kind of C64 NIC?  How much?

              David Hoelzer
              Director of Research, Enclave Forensics
              dhoelzer@...

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13, 2014
                Sorry, I meant to make that an individual response.

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 13, 2014
                  >You sell some kind of C64 NIC? How much?

                  Yes, David.

                  He is Jim Brain. He will be one of the vendors at VCF East 9.1. He sells
                  many types of devices for the C64. Here is his website:
                  http://store.go4retro.com/ . He is well known and respected in the C64
                  online community. I have bought a few devices from him and have had great
                  satisfaction from all my purchases.

                  Jeff Brace