DEC VT-1XX monitor, computer, keyboard to be offered

  • Bill Pileggi
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2006
      One of my minions called the other day with a message there was an older computer sitting in her dumpster (as in, she didn't seem to know who put it there). I dropped by and retrieved it. Thankfully had been placed, rather than dumped. VT-1XX monitor and two 5.25 inch floppy disk drive unit + keyboard. Mfr. 1983. It's sitting in the back of my car until I bring it in and fire it up. Anybody want it based on this scant initial information? I'm not into DEC's. Bill KA3AIS

    • William Pechter
      Message 2 of 5 , May 25, 2006
        Sounds like a VT180 Robin DEC CP/M box...
        Not a bad scrounge for free.  It'll run ZCPR2/3 (I've got copies for it somewhere) and it's a pretty slick box for someone into CP/M and Z80's.

        It also makes a kind of slick smart terminal or VT100.

        That assumes it's not a Rainbow or something like that.  They used something
        like a VR201 monitor (the monitor came in white screen, amber, or green).

        Bill

        Bill Pileggi <wpileggi@...> wrote:
        One of my minions called the other day with a message there was an older computer sitting in her dumpster (as in, she didn't seem to know who put it there). I dropped by and retrieved it. Thankfully had been placed, rather than dumped. VT-1XX monitor and two 5.25 inch floppy disk drive unit + keyboard. Mfr. 1983. It's sitting in the back of my car until I bring it in and fire it up. Anybody want it based on this scant initial information? I'm not into DEC's. Bill KA3AIS

      • John Allain
        Message 3 of 5 , May 25, 2006
          > Sounds like a VT180 Robin DEC CP/M box...

          Bill and Bill,
          I'd be willing to bet that this is absolutely the VT180 you describe
          monitors are labelled "VR"s and dual external 5.25 floppies tended
          to be the RX-180 for the Robin. I'd walk a mile (or drive a hundred
          miles) for this machine if you want to part with it.

          John A.
          Message 4 of 5 , May 25, 2006
            Bill and all,

            If nothing else happens, this would be a fine addition to the museum.
            However, restoration by a DEC fan would be preferable to simple storage.

            Jim

            --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

            > > Sounds like a VT180 Robin DEC CP/M box...
            >
            > Bill and Bill,
            > I'd be willing to bet that this is absolutely the VT180 you describe
            > monitors are labelled "VR"s and dual external 5.25 floppies tended
            > to be the RX-180 for the Robin. I'd walk a mile (or drive a hundred
            > miles) for this machine if you want to part with it.
            >
            > John A.

          • William Pechter
            Message 5 of 5 , May 26, 2006
              If the monitors are VR201's the and the floppies are from a VT180 then
              they're just parts.

              The VT180 is a board inside a vt100 terminal and  doesn't use a seperate monitor.

              Bill