Farrington OCR from the 60's

  • Matt Patoray
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4 8:24 AM
      I just watched an episode of "I've got a secret" from the 1960's it shows an OCR machine made by the Farrington corporation, the inventor was David Shepard. It was able to read typed caps letters in a double spaced page, it then converted the type into a punch tape that was then for demo purposes ran through a FlexoWriter to reproduce the type.

      Very interesting stuff.

      Matt

      Sent from my iPhone