Spare cover for PDP8/M

  • dfnr2
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2014
      Does anybody happen to have a spare case cover for a PDP8/F or PDP8/M?  I am trying to restore a machine, and that's one part that's missing.  If I can't find one, I'll see if I can bend one up, but getting the vent holes, etc. will take some effort.  In the meanwhile, I'm using a piece of cardboard over the case to keep the airflow going.

      Has anyone tried replacing the fans with some quieter model?  If so, I'd love to hear about it.

      I'm also interested in a point-plot board set and RTC if anyone has one for sale or trade.  I managed to pick up an EAE set on Ebay, but it seems that that route gets expensive :-P  In case it's not obvious, the goal here is to get Spacewar! running at some point in the future :-)

      Dave