Intro and Request

  • Jim Brain
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2014
      I know, bad karma for doubling up, but time seems to be short...

      Jim Brain here, of RETRO Innovations, purveyor of little morsels of vintage computer gear.  I've been invited to VCF East, and I am trying my best to make it happen.

      Given the distance, a flight is the only viable option, and I have options into Philly, La Guardia (sp?) and Newark.  I'm planning on coming in mid afternoon Friday, though I can come in later in the night.

      A couple questions for those on-list who might be also attending.

      • Anyone coming from any of those locations who might be share a ride?  I can get a car no problem, but I'm a Midwest guy, and as I remember, east coast driving is a different thing...
      • Before I book a room, thought I'd see if folks are room sharing/etc.

      I'm hoping to get my flights squared away this week, so I can ensure I can get to the fun!

      I don't want to overstay my welcome, but I'd be happy to chat more offlist (or on list if it's appropriate).

      Jim Brain
      brain@...
      www.jbrain.com

    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 23, 2014
        Hey Jim,

        Welcome to the group!

        I will be attending, but won't be able to do anything Friday as I couldn't
        get off work. I will be there Saturday and Sunday.

        Jeff Brace
      • David Riley
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2014
          On Feb 23, 2014, at 5:41 PM, Jim Brain <brain@...> wrote:

          > I know, bad karma for doubling up, but time seems to be short...
          >
          > Jim Brain here, of RETRO Innovations, purveyor of little morsels of vintage computer gear. I've been invited to VCF East, and I am trying my best to make it happen.
          >
          > Given the distance, a flight is the only viable option, and I have options into Philly, La Guardia (sp?) and Newark. I'm planning on coming in mid afternoon Friday, though I can come in later in the night.
          >
          > A couple questions for those on-list who might be also attending.
          >
          > • Anyone coming from any of those locations who might be share a ride? I can get a car no problem, but I'm a Midwest guy, and as I remember, east coast driving is a different thing...
          > • Before I book a room, thought I'd see if folks are room sharing/etc.
          > I'm hoping to get my flights squared away this week, so I can ensure I can get to the fun!
          > I don't want to overstay my welcome, but I'd be happy to chat more offlist (or on list if it's appropriate).

          Hi Jim! I've seen you a bunch on cctalk and I just bought a board from your store. Glad to see you on the list!

          I live in Philly about 15 minutes from the airport and would be glad to pick you up and at least give you a ride there, assuming we can make our times line up. Contact me off-list if you're interested.