Report from VC Forum: AT&T UNIX PC in Northern NJ

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2014
      This isn't anywhere near me, or I'd be after it.  I can't make out any details, and the seller didn't provide any.  Looke like an AT&T UNIX PC, to me.

      http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sys/4325932000.html

      Anyone interested?

      - Alex
    • John Ruschmeyer

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 23, 2014
          On 02/23/2014 09:35 AM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
          > This isn't anywhere near me, or I'd be after it. I can't make out any
          > details, and the seller didn't provide any. Looke like an AT&T UNIX PC,
          > to me.
          >
          > http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sys/4325932000.html

          This is not a UNIX PC (7300, a.k.a. 3B1, no relation to 3B2), but an
          AT&T PC6300, which is an x86 PC. A very nice one in many ways, but a
          DOS machine.

          Here are some good pictures of the 3B1/7300/UNIX PC:
          http://www.vintagecomputer.net/att/3B1/

          > Anyone interested?

          I would love to have it, but can't grab it from NJ anytime soon. I
          don't see the keyboard...it's worth a lot less without the (nonstandard)
          keyboard. I myself have a keyboard so I'd be ok with that.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 23, 2014
            >> This is not a UNIX PC (7300, a.k.a. 3B1, no relation to 3B2)

            Speaking of which, MARCH just got a 7300 today.
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 23, 2014
              On 02/23/2014 05:13 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >>> This is not a UNIX PC (7300, a.k.a. 3B1, no relation to 3B2)
              >
              > Speaking of which, MARCH just got a 7300 today.

              Very nice! I love those machines. I sold and serviced them at the
              store in Lawrenceville where I worked at in my early teen years, that
              I've mentioned a few times here. People came from all over to see the
              demo machine we had on the sales floor.

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA
            • Matt Patoray
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2014

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Feb 23, 2014, at 4:48 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

                On 02/23/2014 09:35 AM, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:
                > This isn't anywhere near me, or I'd be after it. I can't make out any
                > details, and the seller didn't provide any. Looke like an AT&T UNIX PC,
                > to me.
                >
                > http://newjersey.craigslist.org/sys/4325932000.html

                This is not a UNIX PC (7300, a.k.a. 3B1, no relation to 3B2), but an
                AT&T PC6300, which is an x86 PC. A very nice one in many ways, but a
                DOS machine.

                Here are some good pictures of the 3B1/7300/UNIX PC:
                http://www.vintagecomputer.net/att/3B1/

                > Anyone interested?

                I would love to have it, but can't grab it from NJ anytime soon. I
                don't see the keyboard...it's worth a lot less without the (nonstandard)
                keyboard. I myself have a keyboard so I'd be ok with that.

                They are a nice 8086 based box with a high res monochrome display. I have one with the standard dead 10Mb Olivetti HD.

                Matt