Cromemco CDOS Disks Needed

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 29, 2014
      All,

      I've been working this evening on actually making boot media for my Cromemco 4FDC. I've been trying to use Dave Dunfield's "RT" RDOS bootstrap program, but apparently it doesn't play nicely with RDOS 1. Unfortunately, RDOS 2.52 does not seem to work with a 4FDC. So, I thought I'd check to see if anyone here can mail me a CDOS boot disk generated for a 32K system with SSSD 5.25" drives. If not, I can work on another way to get the 32K CDOS image loaded into RAM.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2014
        Jon,
        I am on vacation at the moment so I can't make the disk now, but I can do this for you next week if you still need one. My parents are watching the kids, Kelcey and I are taking a long weekend in Key Largo.  12th Anniv.

        All,I've been working this evening on actually making boot media for my Cromemco 4FDC. I've been trying to use Dave Dunfield's "RT" RDOS bootstrap program, but apparently it doesn't play nicely with RDOS 1. Unfortunately, RDOS 2.52 does not seem to work with a 4FDC. So, I thought I'd check to see if anyone here can mail me a CDOS boot disk generated for a 32K system with SSSD 5.25" drives. If not, I can work on another way to get the 32K CDOS image loaded into RAM.Thanks,Jonathan------------------------------------Yahoo Groups Links<*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro/join (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via email: midatlanticretro-digest@yahoogroups.com midatlanticretro-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to: http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2014
          > I am on vacation at the moment so I can't make the disk now, but I can do this for you next week if you still need one.

          Thanks, I may. I've read that you have a 4FDC working with 5.25" disks and CDOS -- it doesn't seem that anyone else does, or at least hasn't documented it on the Internet. I'd like to come up with a "bare metal" boot process that works with the 4FDC, since I know of at least two other people who have them but don't have boot media. Sort of the same problem as the single-density N* controllers.

          > My parents are watching the kids, Kelcey and I are taking a long weekend in Key Largo. 12th Anniv.

          Enjoy! Nice to get some time off, eh?

          Thanks,
          Jonathan