Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: VCFE 3.0 impressions

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 16 , May 17, 2006
      ysgdhio wrote:
      On 5/16/06, Herb Johnson wrote:
       good places to hunt for wumpus-compatible computers...
      I'm not familiar with that term. :-)
      To my way of thinking, anything that runs BASIC is WUMPUS compatible.
      According to wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wumpus ) "Hunt the Wumpus" was "Originally written by Gregory Yob in BASIC while attending the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, and noticed on mainframes at least by 1972, Hunt the Wumpus was first published in the "Peoples Computer Company" journal in 1973, again in 1975 in "Creative Computing", and finally in 1979 in the book MORE BASIC Computer Games."

      So in a way it comes back to the VCF east we just had! :)