A delivery address for VCFE 9.1 stuff?

  • Rob Clarke
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2014
      Gentlemen,

      I'm hosting an exhibit at VCF this year of 'Commodore Curios', and I'd
      like to order some US compatible PSU's for some of my exhibits. Evan
      said you have plenty of PSU's for the more common connectors that C=
      used, but I also want to order some compatible PSU's for some of the
      other stuff, such as a 9V AC supply for the ChessMate and a 9V DC for
      the 3000H. Although not strictly related to VCF, I also found a kind
      chap in California who has a couple of old MFM drives to install in a
      CBM 9060 which it would me *much* cheaper to send to a US address rather
      than a Swiss address!

      I would be really, really grateful if someone could offer me an address
      I could send a few parcels to between now and April (which may need
      signing for) and who will be at the VCF university on the Friday morning
      or, as I'll be getting into Newark on the Thursday lunchtime, I could
      pick up from an address somewhere between Newark & Wall on the Thursday
      afternoon.

      If you think you can help me out, please PM me.

      cheers,

      Rob
      Switzerland
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2014
        > I would be really, really grateful if someone could offer me an address
        > I could send a few parcels to between now and April (which may need
        > signing for) and who will be at the VCF university on the Friday morning
        > or, as I'll be getting into Newark on the Thursday lunchtime, I could
        > pick up from an address somewhere between Newark & Wall on the Thursday
        > afternoon.

        Private email sent.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2014
          > I'm hosting an exhibit at VCF this year of 'Commodore Curios', and
          I'd
          like to order some US compatible PSU's for some of my exhibits. Evan
          said you have plenty of PSU's for the more common connectors that C=
          used, but I also want to order some compatible PSU's for some of the
          other stuff, such as a 9V AC supply for the ChessMate and a 9V DC for
          the 3000H. Although not strictly related to VCF, I also found a kind
          chap in California who has a couple of old MFM drives to install in a
          CBM 9060 which it would me *much* cheaper to send to a US address
          rather
          than a Swiss address!

          --------

          Are you using ST-225's or did you actually find Tandon 602S or 603S
          drives? Did you know ST-225's work in the D9060?

          Bill
        • Rob Clarke
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 29, 2014

            Are you using ST-225's or did you actually find Tandon 602S or 603S
            drives? Did you know ST-225's work in the D9060?

            Bill

            Hey Bill,

            No luck on the tandon drives but I've found an ST-225, an ST-251 (6-head), and a 6-head Miniscribe drive. The current 602 drive works and I extracted the data but the bearings are very noisy and I don't expect it to last much longer.

            Rob