Looking for C128 VDC chip

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
      All —

      One of my other hobbies is working on the N8VEM SBC project. If you’re not familiar, check it out. There are many ECB-based boards including a great Z80 board that runs CP/M.

      Anyway, one board I’m trying to build requires the Commodore 8563 VDC chip, used in the C128 I believe. If anyone has a spare, or know of a source, please let me know. I checked Rochester and Unicorn and they don’t have it.

      There is a guy on eBay (basicwayne) that sometimes has them, but not currently.

      Thanks! Happy New Year!

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
        probably cheaper to get a C128

        One of my other hobbies is working on the N8VEM SBC project. If you’re not familiar, check it out. There are many ECB-based boards including a great Z80 board that runs CP/M.

        Anyway, one board I’m trying to build requires the Commodore 8563 VDC chip, used in the C128 I believe. If anyone has a spare, or know of a source, please let me know. I checked Rochester and Unicorn and they don’t have it.

        There is a guy on eBay (basicwayne) that sometimes has them, but not currently.

        Thanks! Happy New Year!

        Rich

        --
        Rich Cini
        Collector of Classic Computers
        Build Master and lead eng ineer, Altair32 Emulator

      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
          On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 09:53:08AM -0500, B Degnan wrote:
          > probably cheaper to get a C128

          Looks like $25 with shipping
          http://www.elettrosurplus.com/sh_index.php?page=3&c=64.
          How much are C128's going for?
          I've never used them and overseas...
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
            If Rich is willing to drive to InfoAge I am sure we have a few C128's that can be made available for a reasonable donation.  I have sent a note to Evan about it.

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
              I will see how our 128 inventory is the next time I'm down there. Probably next Sunday.
            • Richard Cini
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
                Thanks much guys. Next time I’ll be there is April 4th so that’ll give time to continue to look.

                Rich

                From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
                Date: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM
                To: "midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
                  BTW, I just found them on eBay by changing my search terms a bit (I had it set for North America only). Littlediode has them for about $8 each, so I bought two. I’ve bought from them before and they’re pretty solid.

                  Thanks again!
                  Rich

                  From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
                  Date: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 at 10:23 AM
                  To: "midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                  I will see how our 128 inventory is the next time I'm down there. Probably next Sunday.

                • Christian Liendo
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
                    There was a guy selling Commodore parts out of Brooklyn but his craigslist add timed out.
                    I will keep an eye out for you.

                    > From:Richard Cini <rich.cini@...>
                    > Anyway, one board I’m trying to build requires the Commodore 8563 VDC chip, used in the C128
                    > I believe. If anyone has a spare, or know of a source, please let me know.
                    > I checked Rochester and Unicorn and they don’t have it.
                    > There is a guy on eBay (basicwayne) that sometimes has them, but not currently.
                  • Jeffrey Brace
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013
                      E-mail to Comm-Jim@... and ask him if he has one. I have ordered many different commodore chips from him.
                      If he doesn't have it, then I would try to post to comp.sys.cbm and see if anyone knows of a reputable source.

                      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                      From: christian_liendo@...
                      Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 07:34:24 -0800

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 31, 2013