When arriving at Festivus...

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 12, 2013
      MARCH veterans know this already, but just in case; and for the newbs....

      1. Park in the main lot.
      2. Open the gate if it's closed. Enter. Close gate behind you.
      3. Party will be in the yellow/brownish building on your right.
      4. I'll put a balloon or something on the railing as an indicator.

      ONLY bring your vehicle inside the gate if you have stuff to unload. If
      so, move your vehicle back to the parking lot when you're done unloading.

      The only exception is Brian S. because his trailer will contain the keg. :)

      You may see a bunch of non-MARCH people disregarding all of these rules.
      Be a good InfoAge citizen.

      Unfortunately some people think the rules only apply to everyone else
      (and even more unfortunately nobody enforces it.)
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 12, 2013
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

        >MARCH veterans know this already, but just in case; and for the newbs....
        >
        >1. Park in the main lot.
        >2. Open the gate if it's closed. Enter. Close gate behind you.
        >3. Party will be in the yellow/brownish building on your right.
        >4. I'll put a balloon or something on the railing as an indicator.
        >
        >ONLY bring your vehicle inside the gate if you have stuff to unload. If
        >so, move your vehicle back to the parking lot when you're done unloading.
        >
        >The only exception is Brian S. because his trailer will contain the keg. :)
        >
        >You may see a bunch of non-MARCH people disregarding all of these rules.
        >Be a good InfoAge citizen.
        >
        >Unfortunately some people think the rules only apply to everyone else
        >(and even more unfortunately nobody enforces it.)

        Rulez? We dun't need no steekin' rulez! :)

        Depending on the weather conditions, I may come without the trailer. I
        will disassemble the kegerator and reassemble there as I did two years
        ago. Remember your pint glasses!!!

        Evan, would sterno warming racks be permitted? I have sterno and racks
        but I'm not sure about any regulations there concerning the open flame.

        FYI, get the heat turned up as early as possible in the bldg. It sure
        was cold in there last year. I almost wished I didn't wear my sandals.

      • David Riley
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 12, 2013
          On Dec 12, 2013, at 17:38, "Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-" <VAXman@...> wrote:

          Depending on the weather conditions, I may come without the trailer. I
          will disassemble the kegerator and reassemble there as I did two years
          ago. Remember your pint glasses!!!

          I don't have any pint glasses, as I am a philistine. But I do
          have a very nice handmade ceramic stein. Would that be
          an acceptable vessel?

          Evan, would sterno warming racks be permitted? I have sterno and racks
          but I'm not sure about any regulations there concerning the open flame.

          Did I miss something, or is someone bringing a casserole?

          - Dave
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 12, 2013
            > Depending on the weather conditions, I may come without the trailer. I
            > will disassemble the kegerator and reassemble there as I did two years
            > ago.

            That would be better. No going outside to get a refill.

            Remember your pint glasses!!!

            Jeff J. is bringing the cups (presumably plastic), plates, napkins, and
            utensils.

            InfoAge may have some styrofoam ones if anyone wants coffee (and if
            someone brings a coffee machine .... I don't know if IXR has one that we
            could borrow; InfoAge probably does but I wouldn't know where .... Steve
            G. can probably tell us when the time comes.)

            > Evan, would sterno warming racks be permitted? I have sterno and racks
            > but I'm not sure about any regulations there concerning the open flame.

            I don't know. I do know that I checked the "no" box re: indoor cooking
            when I completed the event form. Will ask Fred. Stay tuned, I am texting
            him now...

            < five minutes later > He said it's okay as long as it sits on a metal
            surface. It would be bad for MARCH's friendship with InfoAge if our
            "first to smoke" award ever refers to a building. :)

            > FYI, get the heat turned up as early as possible in the bldg.

            Will do.
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 12, 2013
              > Did I miss something, or is someone bringing a casserole?

              Matt M. brought penne pasta one year. It was delicious.
            • David Riley
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 12, 2013
                On Dec 12, 2013, at 17:53, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                InfoAge may have some styrofoam ones if anyone wants coffee (and if
                someone brings a coffee machine .... I don't know if IXR has one that we
                could borrow; InfoAge probably does but I wouldn't know where .... Steve
                G. can probably tell us when the time comes.)

                I've already volunteered to bring a coffee machine and
                some decent beans (unless someone else wants to
                volunteer to bring the beans; it's a machine with a built
                in grinder, so whole bean is preferred).

                - Dave