192 macs and more as part of an amazing collection... in Philadelphia.

  • msimonsmail
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2013
      I don't know what they're going to do with them, but Marion Stokes had collected 192 vintage Macintoshes and lots of things related to them.  There is a little mention in this article: http://www.fastcompany.com/3022022/the-incredible-story-of-marion-stokes-who-single-handedly-taped-35-years-of-tv-news

      and here:
      http://articles.philly.com/2012-12-21/news/35955478_1_television-show-philadelphia-chair-son

      I saw something that suggested that they may be photographing them for a book, but who knows whether they have anything in mind for them beyond that.

      Maybe someone can try to reach out to them.

      --
      MS

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 21, 2013
        >> I don't know what they're going to do with them, but Marion Stokes had collected 192 vintage Macintoshes

        I will reach out to them.

        MARCH can't store 192 of anything, especially since many of the systems probably are not that old. But at the least I will find out what her estate plans to do and how we might help.
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 21, 2013
          >> I don't know what they're going to do with them, but Marion Stokes
          > had collected 192 vintage Macintoshes
          >
          > I will reach out to them.

          Hey! I just noticed that story is from Dec. 2012. Thought it was new.

          Chances are, they already have a plan. But you never know. So I'll
          contact them anyway.
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2013
            >>> I don't know what they're going to do with them, but Marion Stokes
            >> had collected 192 vintage Macintoshes
            >>
            >> I will reach out to them.
            >
            > Hey! I just noticed that story is from Dec. 2012. Thought it was new.
            >
            > Chances are, they already have a plan. But you never know. So I'll
            > contact them anyway.

            Another update... this may be the same hardware collection that went to
            an unspecified private collector in California last spring, however,
            MARCH got most of the books/magazines thanks to Dave Riley (who also
            made the connection between that rescue and tonight's email thread.)
          • David Whiteis
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 22, 2013
              > MARCH can't store 192 of anything...

              I will sacrifice and make space in my collection for the Lisa! <grin>

              David Whiteis