Festivus updates

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 15, 2013
      Just four weeks until our Festivus party! December 14-15 at the museum.

      A few updates...

      1. Just like last year, MARCH should buy ya'll the basics. Meat, snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, etc.

      2. Everybody is encouraged to bring more dishes, treats, and adult beverages.

      3. The manager at our favorite nearby motel said he will call me back tonight or tomorrow about a room block.

      4. Everyone is also encouraged to bring entertainment. Videogames and funny/cool movies are our favorites.

      5. MARCH has three storage carts full of videogame stuff. They are partially organized mostly thanks to Jeff B. and others. I propose that we (ahem) "test" them all during the party weekend and sell any overlap/surplus to you guys for rock-bottom prices.

      6. Everyone will kick in $10 which we will give to InfoAge.

      7. I forget #7. :)

      8. It is fine to bring vintage computers, but remember this is a party, not a workshop.

      9. MARCHins can have first dibs on the books that we're going to sell at VCF. During the VCF the price is a buck a pound. However for Festivus the price should be merely a buck a book. Old computer books are heavy so you guys are in for some killer deals (and nobody has to remember to bring a postal scale).

      10. Only two real "rules" for this event. First, have fun! After all it is a party, a celebration of MARCH's accomplishments from the year past, and a good omen for all that we want to do in 2014. Second, don't drink and drive.

      I am immensely looking forward to seeing everyone, showing you all our new storage section (plus some museum updates), and having another great party.

      If we are very, very, very lucky, then I might be able to announce the *** SUPER-DUPER-DOUBLE-SECRET VCF EAST SPEAKER *** at the party. But don't count on it. The chances of us getting this person are razor-thin. No, it's not Woz.

      _____
      Sent from a phone...
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 16, 2013
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

        >Just four weeks until our Festivus party! December 14-15 at the museum.
        >
        >A few updates...
        >
        >1. Just like last year, MARCH should buy ya'll the basics. Meat,
        >snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
        >
        >2. Everybody is encouraged to bring more dishes, treats, and adult
        >beverages.

        I'll happily to bring my usual. ;) I'm not so sure I want to cart my
        Guinness there again unless there's an outcry for a proper Stout. ;)

        >3. The manager at our favorite nearby motel said he will call me back
        >tonight or tomorrow about a room block.
        >
        >4. Everyone is also encouraged to bring entertainment. Videogames and
        >funny/cool movies are our favorites.

        What about the hookers? :)

        >5. MARCH has three storage carts full of videogame stuff. They are
        >partially organized mostly thanks to Jeff B. and others. I propose that
        >we (ahem) "test" them all during the party weekend and sell any
        >overlap/surplus to you guys for rock-bottom prices.

        Crazy Evan's rock-bottom prices are so low, he's insane! :)

        >6. Everyone will kick in $10 which we will give to InfoAge.
        >
        >7. I forget #7. :)
        >
        >8. It is fine to bring vintage computers, but remember this is a party,
        >not a workshop.
        >
        >9. MARCHins can have first dibs on the books that we're going to sell at
        >VCF. During the VCF the price is a buck a pound. However for Festivus
        >the price should be merely a buck a book. Old computer books are heavy
        >so you guys are in for some killer deals (and nobody has to remember to
        >bring a postal scale).

        If she weighs the same as a duck...
        She's made of wood.
        And therefore?

        >10. Only two real "rules" for this event. First, have fun! After all it
        >is a party, a celebration of MARCH's accomplishments from the year past,
        >and a good omen for all that we want to do in 2014. Second, don't drink
        >and drive.
        >
        >I am immensely looking forward to seeing everyone, showing you all our
        >new storage section (plus some museum updates), and having another great
        >party.
        >
        >If we are very, very, very lucky, then I might be able to announce the
        >*** SUPER-DUPER-DOUBLE-SECRET VCF EAST SPEAKER *** at the party. But
        >don't count on it. The chances of us getting this person are razor-thin.
        >No, it's not Woz.

        Jobs?

      • ekoblentz
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 16, 2013
          >> I'll happily to bring my usual. ;) I'm not so sure I want to cart my
          Guinness there again unless there's an outcry for a proper Stout. ;)

          If you bring the Guiness, and Bill Drom. brings those awesome pretzels, then I will be very happy.

          >> Jobs?

          Yes, you got it. We are working with the cemetery to exhume him and re-animate him. So far, all he can do is sing, "Puttin' on the Ritz."
        • J. Alexander Jacocks
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 16, 2013
            On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 7:38 AM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- <VAXman@...> wrote:

            Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

            >Just four weeks until our Festivus party! December 14-15 at the museum.
            >
            >A few updates...
            >
            >1. Just like last year, MARCH should buy ya'll the basics. Meat,
            >snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
            >
            >2. Everybody is encouraged to bring more dishes, treats, and adult
            >beverages.

            I'll happily to bring my usual. ;) I'm not so sure I want to cart my
            Guinness there again unless there's an outcry for a proper Stout. ;)

            Brian,

            Definitely bring those ribs, if you are so inclined.  When I had them, last time, they were some of the best that I have ever had!

            - Alex
          • Brian Schenkenberger
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 16, 2013
              On Sat, 2013-11-16 at 10:32 -0800, evan@... wrote:

              > >> I'll happily to bring my usual. ;) I'm not so sure I want to cart
              > my
              >

              > Guinness there again unless there's an outcry for a proper Stout. ;)
              >
              > If you bring the Guiness, and Bill Drom. brings those awesome
              > pretzels, then I will be very happy.

              I suppose that I could strap it into my trailer and leave it there for
              dispensing of the Nigerian Lager. ;) Hopefully, it remains rain/snow
              free that evening.

              > >> Jobs?
              >
              > Yes, you got it. We are working with the cemetery to exhume him and
              > re-animate him. So far, all he can do is sing, "Puttin' on the Ritz."

              LOL!
            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 16, 2013
                >> I'll happily to bring my usual. ;) I'm not so sure I want to cart my

                >>Guinness there again unless there's an outcry for a proper Stout. ;)

                >If you bring the Guiness, and Bill Drom. brings those awesome pretzels,
                >then I will be very happy.

                I second the outcry for proper Stout! Guinness!

                Jeff B
              • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 16, 2013
                  "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> writes:

                  >>> I'll happily to bring my usual. ;) I'm not so sure I want to cart my
                  >
                  >>>Guinness there again unless there's an outcry for a proper Stout. ;)
                  >
                  >>If you bring the Guiness, and Bill Drom. brings those awesome pretzels,
                  >>then I will be very happy.
                  >
                  >I second the outcry for proper Stout! Guinness!

                  OK. BYOTPG! (Bring Your Own Tulip Pint Glass) A guinness must be pour
                  into a proper pint. ;)

                • David Riley
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 16, 2013
                    On Nov 16, 2013, at 18:02, "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> wrote:

                    >> I'll happily to bring my usual. ;) I'm not so sure I want to cart my

                    >>Guinness there again unless there's an outcry for a proper Stout. ;)

                    >If you bring the Guiness, and Bill Drom. brings those awesome pretzels,
                    >then I will be very happy.

                    I second the outcry for proper Stout! Guinness!

                    There's about a 90% chance I'll be there at this point. If the pumpkin cream ale I'm brewing is ready enough by then (no guarantees), I'll bring a few six-packs.

                    - Dave