VCF East -- another awesome speaker announcement!

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013
      I hope you're all sitting down to read this one!!!

      Confirmed VCF East 9.1 speaker: Maris Graube, who founded and chaired a
      little something called the IEEE 802 committee. :)
    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013
        > IEEE802...

        That old thing? Who still uses... Oh, wait, never mind ;-)
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013
          On 11/05/2013 02:51 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
          > I hope you're all sitting down to read this one!!!
          >
          > Confirmed VCF East 9.1 speaker: Maris Graube, who founded and chaired a
          > little something called the IEEE 802 committee. :)

          Very cool! And I'm working on the guy who chaired 802.3. :-)

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013

            On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
            I hope you're all sitting down to read this one!!!

            Confirmed VCF East 9.1 speaker: Maris Graube, who founded and chaired a
            little something called the IEEE 802 committee.  :)

            Evan Koblenz at Mobilizing BizApps wrote a good Ethernet retrospective in which he lucidly summarizes the outer reaches of what committee is working on now.
            IEEE 802 Ethernet committee turns 30, passions still run high | SmartPlanet - March 12, 2010
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2013
              >> Koblenz at Mobilizing BizApps wrote a good Ethernet retrospective in which he lucidly summarizes the outer reaches of what committee is working on now.

              Nice! :)

              John Dodge wrote that commentary about my article. He was one of my mentors at PC Week / eWeek.