Heathkit H19 problem

  • trailingedge.geo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2013
      A friend of a friend is looking for parts or information on how to resurrect a vintage computer terminal. If anyone can help Brian, please contact him directly.
      Thanks,
      -- Dave Sica
      __________________________

      I am trying to resurrect a vintage video terminal
      (Heathkit H19) I built ~30 years back.  The flyback is dead, the
      anode winding is open, and these are tough to find.

      Brian Schmult bcs@...

      ###
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2013
        My favorite terminal.

        > A friend of a friend is looking for parts or information on how to
        resurrect a vintage computer terminal. If anyone can help Brian, please
        contact him directly.
        > Thanks,
        > -- Dave Sica
        > __________________________
        >
        > I am trying to resurrect a vintage video terminal
        > (Heathkit H19) I built ~30 years back. The flyback is dead, the
        > anode winding is open, and these are tough to find.
        >
        > Brian Schmult bcs@... mailto:bcs@...
        >
        > ###
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2013
          > My favorite terminal.

          Mine as well! All-around great device. I've got the service manual, but I believe it's available elsewhere online.

          A fried flyback shouldn't be too horrible for the H19. IIRC, it uses a more-or-less standard analog board for the CRT. If you can't find a replacement flyback, you can probably replace the entire analog board/yoke with one from a different monitor assembly.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan