Fwd: Vintage Computer Super Sale of the Century

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2013
      forwarded from cctalk

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Vintage Computer Super Sale of the Century
      Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:47:25 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Sellam ibn Abraham <sellam@...>

      A long time ago I used to repeatedly threaten to have the Vintage Computer
      Super Sale of the Century.

      That day has arrived.

      The following units are up for offer. Assume all are in emminently
      respectable condition unless specifically noted.

      I am taking offers indefinitely and will select the best offer for each
      based on no particular criteria, however, the higher offers will generally
      be the ones I accept as I am parlaying my investment in vintage computers
      into other pursuits. If you don't know what to offer let me know and I'll
      give you what I think it's worth.

      Sphere 1
      Friden 132
      Commodore PET 2001-8
      Hazeltine 1500 terminal
      Canon Cat
      LNW Research LNW80 + System Expansion II
      Osborne Vixen
      Olivetti Programma 101
      GRI 909
      SWTPC 6800
      Polymorphic Systems Poly-88 w/custom keyboard
      Computer Power & Light Compal 80
      Byt-8
      Intel Intellec 4/40
      Intel Intellec 8
      Kennedy 1600 7-track tape drive
      Xerox 8010 "Star" - complete system, fully functional, boots to desktop
      Heathkit H11 + H27 dual 8" floppy

      I am also offering the following big iron:

      http://vintagetech.com/photos/bigiron/

      Photos and details upon request. To those whom I've previously
      communicated, you are still in queue, and I'll get those photos and
      details to you. I appreciate your patience.

      Please contact me directly through private e-mail as I do not read the
      list.

      More to come.

      Thanks!

      --

      Sellam ibn Abraham
      VintageTech

      Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. The truth is always
      simple.

      * * * NOTICE * * *

      No statement made in this message can be considered reliable for any
      purpose either express or implied due to the insecure nature of the
      medium over which it has been transmitted. The contents of this
      message are deemed appropriate for entertainment purposes only.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2013
        yah I saw that.

        > forwarded from cctalk

        <snip>
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2013
          >> forwarded from cctalk

          Anybody want to buy us the Sphere 1? :)

          I estimate it is worth 5-10K if not more.
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2013

            It's on my list, but not worth that much, at least not to me.
          • Systems Glitch
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2013
              > Anybody want to buy us the Sphere 1? :)
              >
              > I estimate it is worth 5-10K if not more.

              Not I! I'm interested in the Byt-8, but I'd imagine it is worth substantially less than the Sphere. Haven't heard back from Sellam on it yet -- anyone want to suggest a value?

              Thanks,
              Jonathan