VCF East Address

  • Jeremy Moskowitz
    Message 1 of 11 , May 8 6:00 AM
      After 120 seconds of searching,
      I could not find the exact
      street address of InfoAge in Wall
      on either the VCF site or the InfoAge
      site.

      Can someone please post the Mapquest-able
      street address?

      Thanks in advance.
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 11 , May 8 6:20 AM
        Jeremy Moskowitz wrote:
        After 120 seconds of searching,
        I could not find the exact
        street address of InfoAge in Wall
        on either the VCF site or the InfoAge
        site.

        Can someone please post the Mapquest-able
        street address?

        Thanks in advance.
        2201 Marconi Rd
        Wall Township, NJ 07719-4081, US

        Cheers,

        Bryan

      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 11 , May 8 6:35 AM
          Jeremy Moskowitz wrote:

          > After 120 seconds of searching,
          > I could not find the exact
          > street address of InfoAge in Wall
          > on either the VCF site or the InfoAge
          > site.
          >
          > Can someone please post the Mapquest-able
          > street address?
          >
          > Thanks in advance.

          2201 Marconi Rd.
          Wall, NJ
        • ysgdhio
          Message 4 of 11 , May 8 8:22 AM

            http://www.vintage.org/2006/east/directions.php

            > or the InfoAge site.

            http://infoage.org/
            Center column, not too far below the VCFE announcement.
            Or just click "Visiting" on the nav bar.

            Didn't take anywhere near your 2 minutes.

            > Can someone please post the Mapquest-able street address?

            Google Maps is your friend:
            http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2201+marconi+rd+07719&om=1
            (Click "Hybrid" and you'll actually see the site).

            Cheers,
            Andy
            Message 5 of 11 , May 8 8:44 AM
              2201 Marconi Road, Wall, NJ, 07719.

              On some GPS systems it's listed at Belmar instead of Wall.  (Belmar is a place name.)

              A week or two ago we posted the long./lat. information here.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 8 8:46 AM
                Doh!  I guess I (and Andy and Joe) should have checked for other replies first.

                Message 7 of 11 , May 8 8:55 AM
                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  Doh!  I guess I (and Andy and Joe) should have checked for other replies first.

                  But for some reason it takes a *long* time for messages sent to get back to the list.  I sent my response to this message at 9:20am but did not get the message into my inbox until 9:54am!

                  Cheers,

                  Bryan

                  P.S. This message is being sent at 11:55am

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 8 9:42 AM
                    I know.  And sometimes the list message appear on the web site but never reach our inboxes at all.  It's a legitimate flaw in the Yahoo system.

                    When we started this early last year, Andy and I had a discussion about whether to use Yahoo Groups to use something homegrown or to use a typical list server.  I supported Yahoo because it's basically maintenance-free and because it reaches the most people.  I still feel that way.

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 8 10:09 AM
                      Evan Koblentz wrote:
                      I know.  And sometimes the list message appear on the web site but never reach our inboxes at all.  It's a legitimate flaw in the Yahoo system.

                      When we started this early last year, Andy and I had a discussion about whether to use Yahoo Groups to use something homegrown or to use a typical list server.  I supported Yahoo because it's basically maintenance-free and because it reaches the most people.  I still feel that way.
                      Have you thought of asking Jay West if he would let us run the email list from his commercial server?  He has said many times that he would host any vintage computer related material for free on his servers.

                      Cheers,

                      Bryan

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 8 10:45 AM
                        Hosting space isn't the issue.  Having something easy for me to maintain is the issue.

                        LOL, but I regret bringing it up today.  Let's table this until post-VCF .... please.

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 8 11:42 AM
                          --- Evan Koblentz wrote:
                          > Doh! I guess I (and Andy and Joe) should have checked for other
                          replies first.

                          I think my reply was more complete. :-)

                          But isn't it better to have too many replies than none at all?

                          Andy