RE: [midatlanticretro] VCF progress

  • Richard A. Cini
    Message 1 of 20 , May 4, 2006
      Actually, not to jinx, pretty good. 48-hour burn in on the front panel looks
      good and I have a "table" setup here with all of my stuff on it so I can
      practice setting up.

      By the way, what's the prize (except for the usual personal satisfaction,
      sharing info, etc.) for "Best of Show"?

      Message 2 of 20 , May 4, 2006
        You can use a display board all kinds of things -- the name / model / year of the computer(s), any special information about them, copies / printouts of original reviews (for example, at most college and county libraries they have magazines like Byte on microfilm), charts, screen captures if possible, any interesting technical data, etc. -- be creative!

        Message 3 of 20 , May 4, 2006
          interesting advertisements for peripherals, etc.?
          Bill D

          At 09:39 PM 5/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
          > > Everyone - general status check.....?
          >
          >I'm making good progress.
          >The systems are almost done.
          >Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.
          >
          >I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
          >I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
          >for a display board.
          >
          >Suggestions?
          >
          >Andy
        • John Allain
          Message 4 of 20 , May 5, 2006
            > I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
            > for a display board. Suggestions?

            Corelate Facts
            Dates, Processor speeds, Disk capacities,
            Price, Sales figures, competing products.
            A timeline, a Moore's Law graph...

            Big News articles clipped from the web (with attribution, Evan will be
            watching)

            John A.