Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF progress

  • ysgdhio
    Message 1 of 20 , May 4, 2006
      > Everyone - general status check.....?

      I'm making good progress.
      The systems are almost done.
      Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.

      I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
      I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
      for a display board.

      Suggestions?

      Andy
    • Richard A. Cini
      Message 2 of 20 , May 4, 2006
        Actually, not to jinx, pretty good. 48-hour burn in on the front panel looks
        good and I have a "table" setup here with all of my stuff on it so I can
        practice setting up.

        By the way, what's the prize (except for the usual personal satisfaction,
        sharing info, etc.) for "Best of Show"?

        Message 3 of 20 , May 4, 2006
          You can use a display board all kinds of things -- the name / model / year of the computer(s), any special information about them, copies / printouts of original reviews (for example, at most college and county libraries they have magazines like Byte on microfilm), charts, screen captures if possible, any interesting technical data, etc. -- be creative!

          Message 4 of 20 , May 4, 2006
            interesting advertisements for peripherals, etc.?
            Bill D

            At 09:39 PM 5/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
            > > Everyone - general status check.....?
            >
            >I'm making good progress.
            >The systems are almost done.
            >Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.
            >
            >I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
            >I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
            >for a display board.
            >
            >Suggestions?
            >
            >Andy
          • John Allain
            Message 5 of 20 , May 5, 2006
              > I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
              > for a display board. Suggestions?

              Corelate Facts
              Dates, Processor speeds, Disk capacities,
              Price, Sales figures, competing products.
              A timeline, a Moore's Law graph...

              Big News articles clipped from the web (with attribution, Evan will be
              watching)

              John A.