Festivus vintage monitors and game systems

  • Matt Patoray
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2013
      Hi all,

      Since it now looks like things are rolling along for Festivus. I was wondering, I know that there is usually gaming and such on old consoles and home computer, i was wondering what the situation was regarding TV/s and monitors that can be connected to this equipment.

      I am willing to bring my very vintage(1971) Sony CVM-1210 12" Trinitron monitor receiver as well as a much newer 8" PVM-8041 which can do composite, S Video, and component.

      I would just want to get started on referbing the old one so that it could be used for a long period of time with minimal issues(like I did for my Apple Monitor III).

      Matt

      --
      Matt Patoray
      Owner, MSP Productions
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 9, 2013
        > Hi all,
        >
        > Since it now looks like things are rolling along for Festivus. I was
        > wondering, I know that there is usually gaming and such on old consoles
        > and home computer, i was wondering what the situation was regarding TV/s
        > and monitors that can be connected to this equipment.
        >
        > I am willing to bring my very vintage(1971) Sony CVM-1210 12" Trinitron
        > monitor receiver as well as a much newer 8" PVM-8041 which can do
        > composite, S Video, and component.

        Hi Matt. Glad to hear you're attending our party all the way from Ohio!
        Lots of new things to see at our museum since the last time you were here.
      • Mr Ian Primus
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2013
          On Wed, 10/9/13, Matt Patoray <mspproductions@...> wrote:

          > Since it now looks like things are rolling along
          > for Festivus. I was wondering, I know that there is usually
          > gaming and such on old consoles and home computer, i was
          > wondering what the situation was regarding TV/s and monitors
          > that can be connected to this equipment.

          As far as Festivus goes - I always bring a van load of 1980's era 19" television sets and game consoles. Usually four or five TV's and a bunch of consoles (Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, etc). The TV's themselves are nothing particularly special - just average solid state sets from the 80's, although I think there's a Zenith from 79 in the pile. If you look at pictures of previous Festivuses (Festivi?) you can see some of them, more than likely.

          I always welcome requests - if there's any particular game console or game you'd like me to bring, let me know. I've got a pretty good stash of them. And hopefully, we can get some more four-player games of Warlords going - that's always a fun one.

          I've also (and I'm sure you do to) got a fair stash of video equipment - one year I brought a Beta machine and a tape of a particularly bad computer movie. I'd bring it again, but I fear that someone would probably hit me in the head with it, now that they know how bad it is.

          But yeah, you're welcome to bring along whatever you want to use or play with - but there will be some normal TV's available at the party.

          -Ian
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2013
            >> I always welcome requests - if there's any particular game console or game you'd like me to bring, let me know. I've got a pretty good stash of them.

            That gives me an idea. MARCH has three storage racks full of videogame consoles + games + accessories. They all need sorting/organizing. The best way to start that process is to "test" them all by playing them! We can have party and do something useful at the same time. Best of all, whatever we have too many of (whether it's consoles, cartridges, etc.) we can sell to you guys at low prices.