Re: [midatlanticretro] VC Events (or related) / Member Web Sites Related to VC

  • DuaneCraps
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2013
      Bill;

      I started a Yahoo group for UNIVAC computer technicians. I hope to snag any old military techs that might be searching the internet.

      I have posted my 1219B / 1532 emulator program with several programs in memory, one of which is a utility package I am writing in case you ever get one of  the MARCH 1219B’s up and running.

      Did you check out the power requirements for the M-G’s. The ones on the ship used 440V, 3 phase 60Hz. input.  I would hope that the shore sites would have 220V  units which is easier to come by .

      Here is the link to my group.

      Did you guys snag any software in the  JHU/APL rescue?

      Did you check out the power requirements for the M-G’s. The ones on the ship used 440V, 3 phase 60Hz. input.  I would hope that the shore sites would have 220V  units which is easier to come by .

      Duane

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 10, 2013

        > I started a Yahoo group for UNIVAC computer technicians. I hope to snag
        any old military techs that might be searching the internet.

        <snip>

        > Here is the link to my group.

        Added to midatlanticretro.org along with a link to the VCF E 9.1 facebook
        page (click on the VCF E headline)

        bd
      • Andrew Molloy
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 13, 2013
          Bill would this event qualify? In Syracuse from Oct 26-Jan 19, there is an exhibit on the Art of Video Games. It's the same one that originated at the Smithsonian. There's a number of events associated with it, including a chiptune concert by 8 Bit Weapon and Computeher (Seth and Michelle). If anyone wants to make the trek to Syracuse, maybe we can grab a bite to eat before the festivities.

          Thanks,
          Andy

          On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

[...]

        • Randall Kindig

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 13, 2013
              yes to Randy and Andy. Will post asap.
              bd

              > Can you add a link to floppydays.libsysn.com (Floppy Days Podcast)?
              >
              > thanks!
              >
              > Randy
              >

              > On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > All,
              > >
              > > On midatlanticretro.org I update the calendar of MARCH specific events
              > > and
              > > I also add in a few VC-related but not MARCh official events on
              > > midatlanticretro.org site.
              > >
              > > MARCH events:
              > > Dec 14-15 holiday party
              > > VCF E next year April 5-16 2013 (as of today).
              > >
              > > non-march sponsored but related to VC-ing in the Mid-Atlantic:
              > > None that I know of
              > >
              > > If anyone knows of an event that is primarily themed for vintage
              computers
              > > or even retro gaming and will be held in the next 9 months, email me
              the
              > > URL of the event of facebook page. I am not in the habit of posting
              > > hamfest evens on our site.
              > >
              > > I am working on some sort of regional workshop event(s) TBD.
              > >
              > > Photos on midatlanticretro.org
              > > I'd like to add new event photos, or create a new photos section by
              event.
              > > Send me the URL of photos of MARCH events in 2013 that you don't mind
              me
              > > scarfing for the web site. Ideally what I'd want is for people to
              create
              > > and host images that are 350px wide by ~260px tall that I can link to
              > > directly from midatlanticretro.org, AND are hyperlinks to a
              larger-sized
              > > version of the picture so people can see the details.
              > >
              > > Member websites
              > > If you have a web site or sub-site that is targeted specifically to
              > > vintage
              > > computers and would like it added to our home page, let me know. I
              will
              > > add hyperlinks to qualifying member sites in alphabetical order. These
              do
              > > not have to be geographically mid-atlantic USA based sites as long as
              > > you're a MARCH yahoo group member and the subject is VC related.
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > > Bill
              > > v.p.
              > >

              > --
              > Randy
            • dfnr2
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013

                 Hi Bill,

                Could you add http://osiweb.org?  It's not pretty, but I try to keep as much useful OSI stuff as I can gather there (and you along with several MARCH members have contributed lots of useful items there.)  I eventually hope to make it prettier, and start documenting my various repairs of my other, non-OSI, vintage systems as well.

                Thanks,

                Dave

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
                  sure thing.