VC Events (or related) / Member Web Sites Related to VC

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2013
      All,

      On midatlanticretro.org I update the calendar of MARCH specific events and
      I also add in a few VC-related but not MARCh official events on
      midatlanticretro.org site.

      MARCH events:
      Dec 14-15 holiday party
      VCF E next year April 5-16 2013 (as of today).

      non-march sponsored but related to VC-ing in the Mid-Atlantic:
      None that I know of

      If anyone knows of an event that is primarily themed for vintage computers
      or even retro gaming and will be held in the next 9 months, email me the
      URL of the event of facebook page. I am not in the habit of posting
      hamfest evens on our site.

      I am working on some sort of regional workshop event(s) TBD.

      Photos on midatlanticretro.org
      I'd like to add new event photos, or create a new photos section by event.
      Send me the URL of photos of MARCH events in 2013 that you don't mind me
      scarfing for the web site. Ideally what I'd want is for people to create
      and host images that are 350px wide by ~260px tall that I can link to
      directly from midatlanticretro.org, AND are hyperlinks to a larger-sized
      version of the picture so people can see the details.

      Member websites
      If you have a web site or sub-site that is targeted specifically to vintage
      computers and would like it added to our home page, let me know. I will
      add hyperlinks to qualifying member sites in alphabetical order. These do
      not have to be geographically mid-atlantic USA based sites as long as
      you're a MARCH yahoo group member and the subject is VC related.

      Thanks

      Bill
      v.p.
    • DuaneCraps
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2013
        Bill;

        I started a Yahoo group for UNIVAC computer technicians. I hope to snag any old military techs that might be searching the internet.

        I have posted my 1219B / 1532 emulator program with several programs in memory, one of which is a utility package I am writing in case you ever get one of  the MARCH 1219B’s up and running.

        Did you check out the power requirements for the M-G’s. The ones on the ship used 440V, 3 phase 60Hz. input.  I would hope that the shore sites would have 220V  units which is easier to come by .

        Here is the link to my group.

        Did you guys snag any software in the  JHU/APL rescue?

        Did you check out the power requirements for the M-G’s. The ones on the ship used 440V, 3 phase 60Hz. input.  I would hope that the shore sites would have 220V  units which is easier to come by .

        Duane

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2013

          > I started a Yahoo group for UNIVAC computer technicians. I hope to snag
          any old military techs that might be searching the internet.

          <snip>

          > Here is the link to my group.

          Added to midatlanticretro.org along with a link to the VCF E 9.1 facebook
          page (click on the VCF E headline)

          bd
        • Andrew Molloy
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 13, 2013
            Bill would this event qualify? In Syracuse from Oct 26-Jan 19, there is an exhibit on the Art of Video Games. It's the same one that originated at the Smithsonian. There's a number of events associated with it, including a chiptune concert by 8 Bit Weapon and Computeher (Seth and Michelle). If anyone wants to make the trek to Syracuse, maybe we can grab a bite to eat before the festivities.

            Thanks,
            Andy

            On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

[...]

          • Randall Kindig

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 13, 2013
                yes to Randy and Andy. Will post asap.
                bd

                > Can you add a link to floppydays.libsysn.com (Floppy Days Podcast)?
                >
                > thanks!
                >
                > Randy
                >

                > On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >

                > > All,
                > >
                > > On midatlanticretro.org I update the calendar of MARCH specific events
                > > and
                > > I also add in a few VC-related but not MARCh official events on
                > > midatlanticretro.org site.
                > >
                > > MARCH events:
                > > Dec 14-15 holiday party
                > > VCF E next year April 5-16 2013 (as of today).
                > >
                > > non-march sponsored but related to VC-ing in the Mid-Atlantic:
                > > None that I know of
                > >
                > > If anyone knows of an event that is primarily themed for vintage
                computers
                > > or even retro gaming and will be held in the next 9 months, email me
                the
                > > URL of the event of facebook page. I am not in the habit of posting
                > > hamfest evens on our site.
                > >
                > > I am working on some sort of regional workshop event(s) TBD.
                > >
                > > Photos on midatlanticretro.org
                > > I'd like to add new event photos, or create a new photos section by
                event.
                > > Send me the URL of photos of MARCH events in 2013 that you don't mind
                me
                > > scarfing for the web site. Ideally what I'd want is for people to
                create
                > > and host images that are 350px wide by ~260px tall that I can link to
                > > directly from midatlanticretro.org, AND are hyperlinks to a
                larger-sized
                > > version of the picture so people can see the details.
                > >
                > > Member websites
                > > If you have a web site or sub-site that is targeted specifically to
                > > vintage
                > > computers and would like it added to our home page, let me know. I
                will
                > > add hyperlinks to qualifying member sites in alphabetical order. These
                do
                > > not have to be geographically mid-atlantic USA based sites as long as
                > > you're a MARCH yahoo group member and the subject is VC related.
                > >
                > > Thanks
                > >
                > > Bill
                > > v.p.
                > >

                > --
                > Randy
              • dfnr2
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013

                   Hi Bill,

                  Could you add http://osiweb.org?  It's not pretty, but I try to keep as much useful OSI stuff as I can gather there (and you along with several MARCH members have contributed lots of useful items there.)  I eventually hope to make it prettier, and start documenting my various repairs of my other, non-OSI, vintage systems as well.

                  Thanks,

                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
                    sure thing.