RE: [midatlanticretro] VCF progress

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 20 , May 3, 2006
      On Wed, 3 May 2006, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

      > The big push for me right now is having some posters done and finishing
      > the timeline itself. The model 16 boots into Xenix. I have several games
      > for the CoCo and the model 4 and 4p. The model 12 runs LS-DOS and should
      > be running CP/M before Friday. The 100, 102 and 200 all work. I also
      > want to get a terminal or two connected to the Xenix box.

      I have my Apple IIGS and IIe booting from my Linux server running
      Netatalk, and my Documation card reader happily talking to a Windows
      laptop via USB. I need to get the Kaypro 10 hooked up to the terminal
      server, and do my posters. It will be ready. :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 20 , May 3, 2006
        Kelly Leavitt wrote:
> [...]

        El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and
        education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something
        else, and are looking to take it out on me?

        Peace... Sridhar
      • ysgdhio
        Message 3 of 20 , May 4, 2006
          > Everyone - general status check.....?

          I'm making good progress.
          The systems are almost done.
          Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.

          I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
          I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
          for a display board.

          Suggestions?

          Andy
        • Richard A. Cini
          Message 4 of 20 , May 4, 2006
            Actually, not to jinx, pretty good. 48-hour burn in on the front panel looks
            good and I have a "table" setup here with all of my stuff on it so I can
            practice setting up.

            By the way, what's the prize (except for the usual personal satisfaction,
            sharing info, etc.) for "Best of Show"?

            Message 5 of 20 , May 4, 2006
              You can use a display board all kinds of things -- the name / model / year of the computer(s), any special information about them, copies / printouts of original reviews (for example, at most college and county libraries they have magazines like Byte on microfilm), charts, screen captures if possible, any interesting technical data, etc. -- be creative!

              Message 6 of 20 , May 4, 2006
                interesting advertisements for peripherals, etc.?
                Bill D

                At 09:39 PM 5/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
                > > Everyone - general status check.....?
                >
                >I'm making good progress.
                >The systems are almost done.
                >Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.
                >
                >I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
                >I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
                >for a display board.
                >
                >Suggestions?
                >
                >Andy
              • John Allain
                Message 7 of 20 , May 5, 2006
                  > I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
                  > for a display board. Suggestions?

                  Corelate Facts
                  Dates, Processor speeds, Disk capacities,
                  Price, Sales figures, competing products.
                  A timeline, a Moore's Law graph...

                  Big News articles clipped from the web (with attribution, Evan will be
                  watching)

                  John A.