Re: [midatlanticretro] Amiga book review

    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 3, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------

      The Compucolor I was an upgrade kit (often factory installed), but it was a
      general use personal computer with color and cassette, etc. The Compucolor
      II from '77 was the from the ground up home computer.

      I remember at VCF 2005(?) there was a not-quite-functioning Compucolor II.
      I doubt there are many working out there.

      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 3, 2013
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 3, 2013
          >> Do you have a working Amiga at MARCH for display?

          Yes.

          >> Maybe this is something we could find space for someplace.

          Space is always the issue. Currently we have room to display six working systems in the consumer micro exhibit: Apple II, Commodore PET 2001, TRS-80 Model 1, Atari 800, Commodore 64, and Apple Mac 128K. Several others (computer only, not screens/peripherals) are on shelves as static displays.

          I've talked before about a "Micro of the Month" display but never got around to doing it. Could demote the Atari 800 to shelf status, thereby making room....
        • Randall Kindig
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 3, 2013
            NO, NOT THE ATARI 800!  That's the best one of the lot :)

            --
            Randy
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 3, 2013

                YES!!

              --
              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
              New Kensington, PA

              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 3, 2013
                See, that's the dilemma ... merely choosing six was difficult enough ... that's why (one day*) we will have an exhibit of "Early GUI".

                * There isn't any exhibit space left in our current building. That's why we and InfoAge need to raise tons of money to renovate and get certificates of occupancy for more of the H-building spaces. Until then, the H-buildings can only legally be used for storage/staff purposes.
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 3, 2013

                  > On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **

                  > > Yes.

                  > > Space is always the issue. Currently we have room to display six
                  working
                  > > systems in the consumer micro exhibit: Apple II, Commodore PET 2001,
                  TRS-80
                  > > Model 1, Atari 800, Commodore 64, and Apple Mac 128K. Several others
                  > > (computer only, not screens/peripherals) are on shelves as static
                  displays.

                  > > I've talked before about a "Micro of the Month" display but never got
                  > > around to doing it. Could demote the Atari 800 to shelf status,
                  thereby
                  > > making room....

                  Maybe swap the Mac 128K and an early Amiga every other month. Occasionally
                  swapping would keep the displays fresh with minimal effort.

                  bd
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 3, 2013
                    >> Occasionally swapping would keep the displays fresh with minimal effort.

                    We do; inevitably the stuff we put away are the ones visitors ask for. :)