VCF progress

    Message 1 of 20 , May 2, 2006
      Working on exhibit...calling it a night. I am making good progress. I
      hope everyone else is chugging along as well.

      Kelly - how's your boot disk coming?

      Everyone - general status check.....?

      Take care,
      Bill D
    • Kelly Leavitt
      Message 2 of 20 , May 3, 2006
        Hey Bill!
        No, I still can't boot the Model I from any floppy I create. I do get "disk error", so I'm guessing that I have the drive configured wrong. I don't have an R/S drive, and none of my stock drives seem to work correctly. The garbage on the screen goes away though, so it is reading enough from the disk to get the clear the screen and show the error message.

        The big push for me right now is having some posters done and finishing the timeline itself. The model 16 boots into Xenix. I have several games for the CoCo and the model 4 and 4p. The model 12 runs LS-DOS and should be running CP/M before Friday. The 100, 102 and 200 all work. I also want to get a terminal or two connected to the Xenix box.

        Time's a wastin'
        Kelly

        Working on exhibit...calling it a night. I am making good progress. I
        hope everyone else is chugging along as well.

        Kelly - how's your boot disk coming?

        Everyone - general status check.....?

        Take care,
        Bill D

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 20 , May 3, 2006
          On Wed, 3 May 2006, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

          > The big push for me right now is having some posters done and finishing
          > the timeline itself. The model 16 boots into Xenix. I have several games
          > for the CoCo and the model 4 and 4p. The model 12 runs LS-DOS and should
          > be running CP/M before Friday. The 100, 102 and 200 all work. I also
          > want to get a terminal or two connected to the Xenix box.

          I have my Apple IIGS and IIe booting from my Linux server running
          Netatalk, and my Documation card reader happily talking to a Windows
          laptop via USB. I need to get the Kaypro 10 hooked up to the terminal
          server, and do my posters. It will be ready. :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 20 , May 3, 2006
            Kelly Leavitt wrote:
> [...]

            El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and
            education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something
            else, and are looking to take it out on me?

            Peace... Sridhar
          • ysgdhio
            Message 5 of 20 , May 4, 2006
              > Everyone - general status check.....?

              I'm making good progress.
              The systems are almost done.
              Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.

              I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
              I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
              for a display board.

              Suggestions?

              Andy
            • Richard A. Cini
              Message 6 of 20 , May 4, 2006
                Actually, not to jinx, pretty good. 48-hour burn in on the front panel looks
                good and I have a "table" setup here with all of my stuff on it so I can
                practice setting up.

                By the way, what's the prize (except for the usual personal satisfaction,
                sharing info, etc.) for "Best of Show"?

                Message 7 of 20 , May 4, 2006
                  You can use a display board all kinds of things -- the name / model / year of the computer(s), any special information about them, copies / printouts of original reviews (for example, at most college and county libraries they have magazines like Byte on microfilm), charts, screen captures if possible, any interesting technical data, etc. -- be creative!

                  Message 8 of 20 , May 4, 2006
                    interesting advertisements for peripherals, etc.?
                    Bill D

                    At 09:39 PM 5/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
                    > > Everyone - general status check.....?
                    >
                    >I'm making good progress.
                    >The systems are almost done.
                    >Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.
                    >
                    >I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
                    >I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
                    >for a display board.
                    >
                    >Suggestions?
                    >
                    >Andy
                  • John Allain
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 5, 2006
                      > I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
                      > for a display board. Suggestions?

                      Corelate Facts
                      Dates, Processor speeds, Disk capacities,
                      Price, Sales figures, competing products.
                      A timeline, a Moore's Law graph...

                      Big News articles clipped from the web (with attribution, Evan will be
                      watching)

                      John A.