Re: [midatlanticretro] Friday tech lectures @ VCF East?

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >> Haha well don't push TOO hard.
      >
      > No. Push HARD. Very hard.

      This is eroding quickly.

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013
        On 10/01/2013 03:44 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

        >>> Haha well don't push TOO hard.
        >>
        >> No. Push HARD. Very hard.
        >
        > This is eroding quickly.

        ;)

        --
        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013
          yes, the topic is starting to droop into the toilet :)  Let's just say I'm begging my wife to make me happy (by going to the show of course!)

          On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> wrote:

          >>> Haha well don't push TOO hard.
          >>
          >> No. Push HARD. Very hard.
          >
          > This is eroding quickly.

          ;)

          --
          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ

          Randy
        • mwillega
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013

             Hi all,

            Friday morning would be difficult for me, I don't think I'd want to add another overnight stay and the drive from Massachusetts seems to take seven hours at my speed.  That said, sessions in the afternoon would be a no-brainer.

            ---In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Guys,

            ** Hypothetically ** ... if we add Friday to the VCF East schedule, and
            if we fill that day with awesome how-to sessions, would you take the
            extra day off work / travel / attend?

            Sessions would probably be skills-based, not machine-based, because
            there are so many different interests/brands that we couldn't please
            everyone -- that is why we have beginner's classes during the main part
            of the show (Apple II for Dummies, etc.)

            For example, on Friday there could be how-to classes on subjects such as
            o-scopes, power supplies, cosmetic restoration, assembly programming,
            memory, disk drives, teletype machines, etc.

            We'd want to hear "I'll be there!" from a bunch of people before we
            commit to this idea. VCF East is MARCH's major annual fundraiser, so
            there is some risk involved if we open a third day and not enough people go.

            At least one high-ranking MARCHin -- I'm not saying who! :) -- told me,
            "Nobody wants to sit through classes all day". I respectfully disagree.

            This would be a morning/afternoon schedule. That way, people can set up
            their exhibits, consignment sales, etc. in the evening.

            Constructive comments encouraged! :)
          • Jeffrey Brace
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 1, 2013