Re: [midatlanticretro] "Retro Pavilion" idea for VCF East

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
      >> Darn, Evan, you're making it harder and harder for me to not attend this show :)

      Good! :)

      You must have strong willpower to have skipped 8.0 with the Apple and BASIC keynotes.
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
        We can also group exhibits by subject / era to spread them around. For
        example, put the Commodore's near where Jim Brain and related CBM mod
        vendors are. We may have to lay this out based on who is coming/improvise
        a bit at the last minute. The theoretical workshop about DIGITAL systems
        near where all the theoretical minis are exhibited, etc.

        Bill

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
          >> We can also group exhibits by subject / era

          Possibly. I organize the exhibits based lots of factors such as size, power requirements, etc.
        • David Keith
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
            Evan,

            Here is a real vintage piece :-) IBM 026 Keypunch Machine, but requires local pickup in Akron, Ohio

            http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-026-Keypunch-Machine-/271297453309

            I do not believe it will fit in the back of my Prius

            I hope to have my IBM S370 Control Panel restored by VCF 9.1 East

            David Keith

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
              On Tue, 15 Oct 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

              >>> Here is a real vintage piece :-) IBM 026 Keypunch Machine, but requires local pickup in Akron, Ohio

              If only I knew that when I was up near Akron earlier this year.

              --
              Cory Smelosky
              http://gewt.net Personal stuff
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
                >> Here is a real vintage piece :-) IBM 026 Keypunch Machine, but requires local pickup in Akron, Ohio

                Moot anyhow -- we only accept donations.

                Currently we have five 029s (one is nice; the others are for parts, although I'd gladly sell two of the spares), and we have a decent-condition 026 here in NJ waiting for us to go pick it up.