"Retro Pavilion" idea for VCF East

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
      Fear(full) leader here again.

      Thinking about having a whole area at VCF East devoted to
      companies/people who make replicas, modern hacks, tools, new SBCs, etc.
      for vintage computing.

      I want to personally recruit as many of these companies/people as
      possible. MARCHins, can you help me crowd-source a list of them?

      Please input the relevant info into the Google spreadsheet linked below.
      Please don't share the link outside of our list. Be sure to check if
      anyone else already entered the same product.

      Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/l2wx6n4

      Mike W., etc. -- it's fine to enter your own info, have no shame. :)
    • Randall Kindig

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
          >> Darn, Evan, you're making it harder and harder for me to not attend this show :)

          Good! :)

          You must have strong willpower to have skipped 8.0 with the Apple and BASIC keynotes.
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
            We can also group exhibits by subject / era to spread them around. For
            example, put the Commodore's near where Jim Brain and related CBM mod
            vendors are. We may have to lay this out based on who is coming/improvise
            a bit at the last minute. The theoretical workshop about DIGITAL systems
            near where all the theoretical minis are exhibited, etc.

            Bill

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 1, 2013
              >> We can also group exhibits by subject / era

              Possibly. I organize the exhibits based lots of factors such as size, power requirements, etc.
            • David Keith
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
                Evan,

                Here is a real vintage piece :-) IBM 026 Keypunch Machine, but requires local pickup in Akron, Ohio

                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-IBM-026-Keypunch-Machine-/271297453309

                I do not believe it will fit in the back of my Prius

                I hope to have my IBM S370 Control Panel restored by VCF 9.1 East

                David Keith

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
                  On Tue, 15 Oct 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  >>> Here is a real vintage piece :-) IBM 026 Keypunch Machine, but requires local pickup in Akron, Ohio

                  If only I knew that when I was up near Akron earlier this year.

                  --
                  Cory Smelosky
                  http://gewt.net Personal stuff
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 14, 2013
                    >> Here is a real vintage piece :-) IBM 026 Keypunch Machine, but requires local pickup in Akron, Ohio

                    Moot anyhow -- we only accept donations.

                    Currently we have five 029s (one is nice; the others are for parts, although I'd gladly sell two of the spares), and we have a decent-condition 026 here in NJ waiting for us to go pick it up.