Unit record equipment

  • mloewen16823
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2013
      There are two key-to-tape machines on Ebay:

      #251347444280

         I hadn't run across this model before, but a little digging revealed it as a Mohawk Data Systems (MDS) model 1101 Data Recorder.  Core memory, minimally programmable.  There are two documents on Bitsavers:

      http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/mohawk/M-100-65_MDS-1101_Brochure.pdf

      http://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pdf/mohawk/KeyingMagtapeForComputers_1968.pdf

         They're in Seneca, SC, midway between Charlotte and Atlanta.

         I tried twice (Friday and today) to post this via email, but they never showed up.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2013
        >> There are two key-to-tape machines on Ebay:

        Nifty! Somebody should buy the pair, keep one, and donate to other to us. :)

        (Alas, we're not doing a truck rescue from SC to NJ anytime soon; it would take a system massively awesome/exotic to make me even consider that.)