RE: oscilloscopes

  • mwillega
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2013

      Dave,

      Very nice write up.

      I have one comment on your bandwidth section.   Sometimes it's the high frequency information that you need, even though you are looking at "lower" frequency signal.  Other times it's the relationship between two "lower" frequency signals.  I use a 100MHZ Tektronix 465 and there have been plenty of times when I wish I had a little more bandwidth.  I could always make do with the 100MHZ, but in those cases more bandwidth would not have hurt.

      Regards,

      Mike W.

      ---In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      This is still a work in progress, but I've finally started typing up
      my oscilloscope info and recommendations in a more formal way. I get
      asked for such recommendations a few times per month, and I always find
      myself typing up the same stuff, so I figured now I can just point 'em
      to a URL.

      Topics covered are general information about oscilloscopes, the
      differences between analog and digital oscilloscopes, and some specific
      recommendations on what to look for and what to avoid.

      http://www.neurotica.com/wiki/TechInfo:Oscilloscopes

      Questions and comments are welcome.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ