a bit "star struck" today

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2013
      I was just reading an article in EDN's online edition (relevant to us,
      will forward link to article shortly) about serial ports. A man named
      Jim Thompson left a comment on the article, claiming to have been the
      designer of the MC1488 and MC1489 RS232 transceiver chips.

      Neat!

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Cory Smelosky
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2013
        On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > I was just reading an article in EDN's online edition (relevant to us,
        > will forward link to article shortly) about serial ports. A man named
        > Jim Thompson left a comment on the article, claiming to have been the
        > designer of the MC1488 and MC1489 RS232 transceiver chips.
        >
        > Neat!
        >
        > -Dave

        Now THAT is neat.

        --
        Cory Smelosky
        http://gewt.net Personal stuff
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2013
          > I was just reading an article in EDN's online edition (relevant to us,
          > will forward link to article shortly) about serial ports. A man named
          > Jim Thompson left a comment on the article, claiming to have been the
          > designer of the MC1488 and MC1489 RS232 transceiver chips.
          >
          > Neat!
          >
          > -Dave

          I would not necessarily be proud of that, these fail so often :-)

          But seriously I would be proud. They're "front line defense" actually, fail
          to protect down the line components. They're usually socketed for that
          reason.
          bd