Any idea on expected crowd size at VCFe?

  • madodel
    Message 1 of 20 , May 2 2:49 PM
      Anyone have a feel for how many attendees are expected at VCF East?

      Mark

      --

      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

      http://www.warpstock.org

      http://www.os2voice.org

      Investigation, 1938
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 20 , May 2 4:09 PM
        madodel wrote:
        > Anyone have a feel for how many attendees are expected at VCF East?
        >
        > Mark

        There will be a plethora of people!!! :D

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        <<duck>> <<hide>>
        Message 3 of 20 , May 2 5:16 PM
          At 07:09 PM 5/2/2006 -0400, you wrote:
          >madodel wrote:
          > > Anyone have a feel for how many attendees are expected at VCF East?
          > >
          > > Mark

          There will be exactly 408.
        • Kelly Leavitt
          Message 4 of 20 , May 2 5:19 PM

            I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has
            a plethora, and then find out that that person has *no idea* what it
            means to have a plethora.
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 20 , May 2 6:00 PM
              Kelly Leavitt wrote:

> [...]
              I still think "plethora" sounds like the name of a part of the female
              reproductive system.
            • John Allain
              Message 6 of 20 , May 2 6:34 PM
                > Anyone have a feel for how many attendees are expected at VCF East?

                Look in the mirror. Point at it. say "You Decide"

                Get out the vote.

                John A.
                http://www.vintage.org/2006/east/
                Message 7 of 20 , May 2 7:31 PM
                  That's a really, really, really difficult question to answer.

                  To increase the chances of bring correct, I'll guess low and predict 75 attendees from the general public.

                  If they're half adults and half children, then the average ticket price would be $8.50, which means we'd have attendee revenue of $637.50, which would be pretty nice!

                  However I'm VERY cautiously optimistic that we'll see more than 100 people.

                  Let's have a little contest.  Whoever guesses closest to the exact amount of general public attendees wins a six-pack of your favorite beverage.

                  Anyone have a feel for how many attendees are expected at VCF East?

                  Mark

                  --

                    From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                  http://www.warpstock.org

                  http://www.os2voice.org

                  democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of
                  Investigation, 1938
                • Jeffrey Frady

                    Anyone have a feel for how many attendees are expected at VCF East?

                    Mark

                    --

                      From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

                    http://www.warpstock.org

                    http://www.os2voice.org

                    democratic State itself.   That in it's essence, is Fascism - ownership of
                    Investigation, 1938

                    Vintage computer Computer security Computer training

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                    --
                    Jeff Frady, http://www.fradycomputing.com/legodude522
                  • ysgdhio
                    Message 9 of 20 , May 2 9:34 PM
                      > To increase the chances of bring correct, I'll guess low and predict 75
                      > attendees from the general public.

                      You're being very careful to make the distinction of "general public".
                      As opposed to what?

                      Andy
                      Message 10 of 20 , May 2 9:46 PM
                        Just meant vs. the exhibitors, their assistants, volunteers, InfoAge people, etc.

                        Message 11 of 20 , May 2 9:47 PM
                          > Well, since these are gonna be obese geeks. Multiply the estimate by 2.

                          If they're obese, wouldn't you divide by two?

                          Andy
                          Message 12 of 20 , May 2 10:07 PM
                            Working on exhibit...calling it a night. I am making good progress. I
                            hope everyone else is chugging along as well.

                            Kelly - how's your boot disk coming?

                            Everyone - general status check.....?

                            Take care,
                            Bill D
                          • Kelly Leavitt
                            Message 13 of 20 , May 3 6:16 AM
                              Hey Bill!
                              No, I still can't boot the Model I from any floppy I create. I do get "disk error", so I'm guessing that I have the drive configured wrong. I don't have an R/S drive, and none of my stock drives seem to work correctly. The garbage on the screen goes away though, so it is reading enough from the disk to get the clear the screen and show the error message.

                              The big push for me right now is having some posters done and finishing the timeline itself. The model 16 boots into Xenix. I have several games for the CoCo and the model 4 and 4p. The model 12 runs LS-DOS and should be running CP/M before Friday. The 100, 102 and 200 all work. I also want to get a terminal or two connected to the Xenix box.

                              Time's a wastin'
                              Kelly

                              Working on exhibit...calling it a night. I am making good progress. I
                              hope everyone else is chugging along as well.

                              Kelly - how's your boot disk coming?

                              Everyone - general status check.....?

                              Take care,
                              Bill D

                              Yahoo! Groups Links
                            • Mike Loewen
                              Message 14 of 20 , May 3 6:18 AM
                                On Wed, 3 May 2006, Kelly Leavitt wrote:

                                > The big push for me right now is having some posters done and finishing
                                > the timeline itself. The model 16 boots into Xenix. I have several games
                                > for the CoCo and the model 4 and 4p. The model 12 runs LS-DOS and should
                                > be running CP/M before Friday. The 100, 102 and 200 all work. I also
                                > want to get a terminal or two connected to the Xenix box.

                                I have my Apple IIGS and IIe booting from my Linux server running
                                Netatalk, and my Documation card reader happily talking to a Windows
                                laptop via USB. I need to get the Kaypro 10 hooked up to the terminal
                                server, and do my posters. It will be ready. :-)

                                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                              • Sridhar Ayengar
                                Message 15 of 20 , May 3 7:55 AM
                                  Kelly Leavitt wrote:
> [...]

                                  El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and
                                  education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something
                                  else, and are looking to take it out on me?

                                  Peace... Sridhar
                                • ysgdhio
                                  Message 16 of 20 , May 4 6:39 PM
                                    > Everyone - general status check.....?

                                    I'm making good progress.
                                    The systems are almost done.
                                    Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.

                                    I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
                                    I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
                                    for a display board.

                                    Suggestions?

                                    Andy
                                  • Richard A. Cini
                                    Message 17 of 20 , May 4 6:59 PM
                                      Actually, not to jinx, pretty good. 48-hour burn in on the front panel looks
                                      good and I have a "table" setup here with all of my stuff on it so I can
                                      practice setting up.

                                      By the way, what's the prize (except for the usual personal satisfaction,
                                      sharing info, etc.) for "Best of Show"?

                                      Message 18 of 20 , May 4 7:27 PM
                                        You can use a display board all kinds of things -- the name / model / year of the computer(s), any special information about them, copies / printouts of original reviews (for example, at most college and county libraries they have magazines like Byte on microfilm), charts, screen captures if possible, any interesting technical data, etc. -- be creative!

                                        Message 19 of 20 , May 4 7:37 PM
                                          interesting advertisements for peripherals, etc.?
                                          Bill D

                                          At 09:39 PM 5/4/2006 -0400, you wrote:
                                          > > Everyone - general status check.....?
                                          >
                                          >I'm making good progress.
                                          >The systems are almost done.
                                          >Just need to finish loading the hard drive on the 800XL.
                                          >
                                          >I did buy a display board, just not sure what to put on it.
                                          >I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
                                          >for a display board.
                                          >
                                          >Suggestions?
                                          >
                                          >Andy
                                        • John Allain
                                          Message 20 of 20 , May 5 9:40 AM
                                            > I don't have any ephemera and even if I did, I wouldn't cut it up
                                            > for a display board. Suggestions?

                                            Corelate Facts
                                            Dates, Processor speeds, Disk capacities,
                                            Price, Sales figures, competing products.
                                            A timeline, a Moore's Law graph...

                                            Big News articles clipped from the web (with attribution, Evan will be
                                            watching)

                                            John A.