Re: [midatlanticretro] Maker Faire day 2

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 22, 2013
      On Sun, 22 Sep 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > Today was equally awesome to yesterday!
      >
      > Highlight: 12-year-old who knew about switch registers.
      >
      > Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)

      You had a visit from Al Gore?

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 22, 2013
        On 09/22/2013 07:20 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
        >> Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)
        >
        > You had a visit from Al Gore?

        ROFLMAO!!

        --
        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
          "MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> writes:

          >Today was equally awesome to yesterday!
          >
          >Highlight: 12-year-old who knew about switch registers.
          >
          >Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the
          >first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)

          That's totally wrong. Bill Gates[*] invented the computer.

          %P

          [*] As ascribed by an NJEA sanctioned and printed timeline which ensconced
          the walls of my son's elementary school's classroom many years ago.

        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
            Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

            >On Sun, 22 Sep 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:
            >
            >> Today was equally awesome to yesterday!
            >>
            >> Highlight: 12-year-old who knew about switch registers.
            >>
            >> Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)
            >
            > You had a visit from Al Gore?

            C'mon man. Get your history right! Al Gore invented the Internet. I've
            heard rumors too that he invented the Al-Gor-ithm too! :)

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
              >> I've heard rumors too that he invented the Al-Gor-ithm too! :)

              HA!!!!!
            • David Riley
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
                On Sep 22, 2013, at 6:54 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                > Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)

                You sent him to reeducation camp, right?

                - Dave
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
                  >> You sent him to reeducation camp, right?

                  Yes, we told him that Steve Jobs.... :)

                  Reality check: he's been re-educated.