Re: [midatlanticretro] Maker Faire day 2

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 22, 2013
      On 09/22/2013 06:54 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
      > Today was equally awesome to yesterday!
      >
      > Highlight: 12-year-old who knew about switch registers.

      Very cool!

      > Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)

      Very frightening!

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 22, 2013
        On Sun, 22 Sep 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Today was equally awesome to yesterday!
        >
        > Highlight: 12-year-old who knew about switch registers.
        >
        > Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)

        You had a visit from Al Gore?

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 22, 2013
          On 09/22/2013 07:20 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
          >> Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)
          >
          > You had a visit from Al Gore?

          ROFLMAO!!

          --
          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
            "MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> writes:

            >Today was equally awesome to yesterday!
            >
            >Highlight: 12-year-old who knew about switch registers.
            >
            >Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the
            >first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)

            That's totally wrong. Bill Gates[*] invented the computer.

            %P

            [*] As ascribed by an NJEA sanctioned and printed timeline which ensconced
            the walls of my son's elementary school's classroom many years ago.

          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
              Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> writes:

              >On Sun, 22 Sep 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >
              >> Today was equally awesome to yesterday!
              >>
              >> Highlight: 12-year-old who knew about switch registers.
              >>
              >> Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)
              >
              > You had a visit from Al Gore?

              C'mon man. Get your history right! Al Gore invented the Internet. I've
              heard rumors too that he invented the Al-Gor-ithm too! :)

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
                >> I've heard rumors too that he invented the Al-Gor-ithm too! :)

                HA!!!!!
              • David Riley
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
                  On Sep 22, 2013, at 6:54 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                  > Lowlight: Grown man who sincerely believed Michael Dell invented the first microcomputer (and who thought they were called minicomputers.)

                  You sent him to reeducation camp, right?

                  - Dave
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 23, 2013
                    >> You sent him to reeducation camp, right?

                    Yes, we told him that Steve Jobs.... :)

                    Reality check: he's been re-educated.