Re: maker faire ([midatlanticretro] Misc. updates)

  • David Comley
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2013

      On Sep 18, 2013, at 11:13 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      Corey had a little time today to inspect the PDP-8 clone; he said it seems okay re: capacitors etc. ... We realized that we lack the power supply, so I called Dudley, and he found it in 30 seconds in his house! I drove over there to get it. Corey had to leave before I returned to the museum, so he left behind his variac; IXR's Dan W. took home the variac and the power supply to test it. If it works then hopefully we can at least make the clone do "das blinkenlichten" this weekend.

      It will be interesting to see the PDP-8 clone in action. I'll be at Maker Faire Saturday with a small group from my daughter's school so we will stop by and take a look.

      I'd offer to help at the booth but I have chaperone duties as usual. This is our third or fourth year of attending.