Interest in early IBM 5150 PC?

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18 11:00 AM
      A co-worker is the original owner of an early example 5150.
      Black power supply, 64K motherboard with 8087 installed, early
      keyboard with the larger metal plug. Included is most if not
      all of the "box docs" with original diskettes. No monitor.
      There is an RF modulator mounted on the back that I don't quite
      understand (I have not had a really good look at it yet). He
      says they always used a TV for the monitor. Unfortunately, the
      original diskette drives were lost in a series of upgrades.
      First, one drive was pulled and replaced with a hard disk, then
      the other was replaced with a pair of 1/2 height floppies, then
      those drives were migrated to an AT clone leaving empty bays in
      the PC. Not powered up in more than 30 years. From a
      non-smoking home, seems to be pretty clean.

      He would rather not bother with ebay. Located in Columbia,
      Maryland. Email me if interested.

      Bill S.
    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2013
        Additional info:

        Serial number 0101015 (really early?)
        Original purchase receipt available with serial number.
        Purchased October 1981.