Price Check

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16 5:52 AM
      Hi,

      Sorry if this might be off topic.

      I recently got some new items and was wondering what a ball park price would be for them.

      1. PDP-8 Core Memory, 8K x 12
      2. Data Book.  Intel 8080 Microcomputer systems users manual, 1975.
      3. Data Book.  Intel MCS-8 users manual, 1975. (8008 chip)
      4. Data Book.  Intel MCS-40 users manual for logic designers, 1975. (4040 chip)

      Any ideas would be welcomed.

      Thanks,
      Josh
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16 8:48 PM

        Thanks Bill.

        The books are in good condition, so is the core memory but I don't know if it's working.

        I got all 3 books for $40 and the Core memory for $60.  I feel guilty that I under paid, especially since the guy is in need of cash at the moment, so I'm going to give him another $80 to balance the karma books.

        Cheers,

        Josh

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        joshbensadon <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >I recently acquired a few items and was curious about what a fair price
        >would be for them. Would anyone be able to ball park some numbers for
        >the following?
        >
        >1. PDP 8 Core Memory, 8K x 12

        Depends. Working? These appear on ebay I'd watch an auction for matching item. Could be $50-250. This item is hard to price.

        >2. Book, Intel 8080 Microccomputer Systems Users Manual, 1975

        $15-100 depending on cond. Must be mint or near mint to get more than $60.

        >3. Book, Intel MCS-8 Users Manual 1975. (8008)
        >4. Book, Intel MCS-40 Users Manual, 1975. (4040)

        See above. 8008 slightly more than 8080, 4004 slightly more than 8008.

        >Thanks,
        >Josh

        Sent from my PDP 8/e installed on a farm tractor.