Re: [midatlanticretro] Infoage coordinates

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 17 , May 2, 2006
      Evan Koblentz wrote:
      Okay here you go:

      lat: 40.187894   /    40:11:16.418N
      lon: -074.060017   /   74:03:36.061W

      InfoAge is at 2201 Marconi Rd. in Wall, N.J. -- the software I just used to find the coordinates only located 2229 Marconi Rd. -- which I suppose is right down the street, probably one of those houses or the Little League field or something.

      http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2201+Marconi+Rd,+Belmar,+NJ+07719&ll=40.185537,-74.059803&spn=0.003783,0.008465&t=k&om=1

      What looks like a beigey orangey building in the middle is where you want to go...  (Actually the roof is a reddish half-pipe tile)  The parking lot is that big long space just above that building.

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      Message 2 of 17 , May 2, 2006
        I should have the actual coords at home in my eTrex.

        I imagine you can get close enough by entering the InfoAge address
        into any of the free online geocode services.

        Andy
        Message 3 of 17 , May 2, 2006
          Right.  I used the "EZ-Locate Interactive" program at geocode.com.

          Message 4 of 17 , May 2, 2006
            Here's the one I jotted down when there last.
            N 40 11.200 W 74 03.583
            Evan's is about 400 feet away, not far.

            John A.
          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 17 , May 2, 2006
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              Well I wouldn't call myself a GPS geek.  I happen to have the TomTom software on my Treo linked to a Bluetooth antenna which goes on my dashboard, but it's just another tool.  I'm not "into" GPS.
              Evan is more of a Miata geek...  ;)

              Cheers,

              Bryan